Waze is one of the most popular navigation apps for one reason: its community. Thanks to those who use Waze and share their notices, either directly in the application installed on their Android phone or iPhone, or via Carplay or Android Auto, the rest of us have an advantage before the possible events that we can find on the road but, What notices can you notify in Waze?
How to notify a notice in Waze
One of Waze’s strengths is that its interface is very similar regardless of whether you use Android or iOS on both the phone and the console. The main difference between the car console and the mobile is that, logically in the world and to avoid distractions, the options in the vehicle are simplified.
In fact, the shape of notifying road accidents is always the same: tap on that circular orange icon located in the lower right corner to bring up the list of warnings and there, tap on the icon that matches the reality of the mishap to record it to other people who use the application. Keep in mind that the ad will be placed right in the location where we are.
What Waze ads can you add to the map?
Focusing exclusively on potential dangers or milestones worthy of attention above the information, in Waze the most important notices and their meaning are:
- Moderate, heavy, or stopped jam, depending on how fluid the speed of the vehicles is. This can be useful to know that we will arrive later at our destination or to choose alternative routes.
- Police: visible, hidden or on the other sideto alert to potential controls.
- Accident: serious, minor or on the other side. Accidents usually generate retentions or even partial or total cuts to allow the passage of assistance, both for those who have suffered it and to remove debris from the road.
- Closed road. Scheduled cuts for work or maintenance are notified in advance, but a landslide could happen that would cause an accident at the moment we cross that part of the road.
Everything else is listed under the ‘Danger’ label. The first thing will be to know where is that potential danger: on the road, on the shoulder or directly, if it is something general like the weather (ice, floods, fog, etc.).
- In the way: stopped vehicle, works, object, pothole (one of the latest additions), dead animal or a broken traffic light. The presence of these milestones in the middle of the road can pose a risk to anyone passing through the area, so when this warning is given we must slow down or even stop after activating the emergency lights.
- on the shoulder: vehicle stopped, animals, signal missing. Although in this case it is probably not necessary to stop driving, it is a reason to exercise caution and reduce speed.
Real-time traffic information based on live traffic updates
Home | Photo by Diego Jimenez on Unsplash and own capture
Xataka Mobile | Waze vs Google Maps: what are the differences