There are many people who know how to find the IP address of the computer or the routerbut it is not so clear to him when we talk about the printer.
Possibly in this sense more than one has to remember and others directly do not know how it is done, since it is something that is not extremely common to know.
But it is also true that you should know how it is done, since sometime it could be interesting to know the IP address of the printer to verify that this well connected or to know if there is a signal problemto give you two examples.
The process is very different from knowing the IP of the computer, so we advise you to continue reading the methods that we show you.
At the moment there are several ways to achieve it, so you will be able to find said IP address, like the ones that you will be able to know below.
Index of contents:
If you have a moderately modern printer that has an LCD-style screen where there are several menus, one of them may be precisely one called About, Help or Information, where the IP address may appear of the printer along with other information.
If you don’t see any such menu, you should read the printer’s instructions to see if it comes anywhere else, since each interface is different. It may be that this information does not appear, but if so, it is the easier way to know.
We can use the Piedades that Windows gives us to find out what the IP of the printer is.
To do this we must do the following if we have Windows 11:
- We are going to Settings (Win + I) > Bluetooth Devices > Printers and scanners.
- We look for your printer in the list and click on it.
- Click on Printer properties.
- In the General tab, we look for the field Locationwhere the printer’s IP should appear.
There is another way to find the IP address of the printer if we use the Windows settings. We can do this method when the Location section does not appear on the go.
To do this, all we have to do is the following:
- We push Windows + I to open Setting.
- We are going to Bluetooth and devices > Printers and scanners.
- Then we went to our printer and we click on it.
- In the next window, we click printer properties and select the tab General.
- Since the IP does not appear in Location, we open the tab ports. There, we select the port with a check mark and click on configure port.
- The IP address should be displayed next to the printer name.
Symbol of the system
If we run the Command Prompt and give it Administrator rights, we will be able to use it so that we know the address of the printer.
To achieve this we only have to perform these simple steps.
- We open the Command Prompt by pressing the windows keytyping command prompt and selecting Execute as an administrator.
- We wrote netstat -r and we press Enter.
- At that moment we will see a complete list of all the devices connected to the computer network, identifying which is the printer and seeing the IP address.
There is a fifth method
The truth is that there is a fifth method to find the IP address shows printer.
It is none other than to use our router to get it. Many of these devices have in their menu, a field in which we can see the equipment that is so connected to the network.
Sometimes they come out names of such devices and their IP address and others, instead of his name, comes the MAC address.
But it is also true that there are routers that do not have this capability, so it is not always fulfilled, nor is this option found in the same place. It will depend on the brand and interface it carries.
These are the methods by which you will be able to know what the IP of your printer is. As you have seen it is very simple. Much more than you probably expected.