These features of iOS 16 are not very well known but you must activate them as soon as you install the new operating system.
In iOS 16 we have fantastic improvements, like the new and customizable lock screen. However, the system includes many more interesting and unknown functions. That is why we have collected 5 iOS 16 settings you should activate and change right now.
1. Turn on battery percentage
It is one of the news of iOS 16 that has stood out the most, despite the fact that it was not even announced by Apple during the official presentation of the system. This setting allows us to see the percentage of battery remaining on the iPhone numerically within the battery icon itself.
As of iOS 16.1 this function improves reaching all iPhones with Face ID, and also slightly modifies its design. To activate it, simply follow these steps:
- Go into Settings of your iPhone.
- Go down to the section Drums.
- Inside Battery, activate the switch battery percentage.
2. Adjust notifications to your liking
In iOS 16 we have a new way to display notifications. As you probably know, notifications now appear at the bottom of the screen and can be customize to display in 3 different ways. Depending on your preferences, you can choose the one you like best from Settings> Notifications:
- Count: if you activate this display you will simply see a number in the lower area showing the notifications you have.
- Cluster: This form groups the notifications into groups, for example by type of applications.
- Ready: here we have the most classic option, the iPhone will show all the notifications in the form of a list in chronological order.
3. Enable sticky notes
The Notes app is a great tool for jotting down ideas, creating lists, sketches… and now you can access them more easily as Apple has added a Sticky Notes icon to Control Center. You just have to activate it:
- Opens Settings.
- Go into Control center.
- Scroll down and tap the + icon next to quick note.
- Now you can find the sticky note icon in Control Center.
4. Activate the keyboard with haptic vibration
In iOS 16, the iPhone keyboard can respond to key presses with a small haptic vibration. This is something that, although it can gain more battery life, can be interesting for many users. It is activated from Settings > Sound and vibration > Key feedback > Vibration.
5. Avoid accidentally hanging up
If on many occasions you have accidentally hung up a call by pressing the side button of the iPhone, you are in luck since in iOS 16 there is a function that allows you to avoid it. you must enter Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Prevent ending calls when locked. You will no longer accidentally hang up.
In iOS 16 we have many great features and we are facing one of the best updates in recent years. By turning on these features, your iPhone will be better and more useful than it was just after installing iOS 16.