What should Apple Car Play do better?
Apple Car Play is a very good way to be able to have your iPhone connected to your car and be able to play your music or follow the instructions of the Maps applications without constantly looking at your mobile. It is a very useful help if you need to continue using the iPhone but without using your hands or without having any of the passengers with your mobile, giving you directions. However, it has a very powerful competitor, Android Auto. Software developed by Google has some advantage over Apple in some aspects.
- The first is the compatibility with some apps. Although Apple Car Play is getting more and more updates that offer important improvements in the use of some functions, there are applications that have not yet been developed so that you can use them in your car. This makes it a bit behind in some ways as you won’t be able to, for example, connect your Skype to your car. Although there are applications that are not compatible at first, with the download of a launcher, the applications will be developed in the car.
- Another of the weak points in which Apple Car Play fails is that not available on some car models quite recent. Unlike Android Auto, which is much easier to find in many more car models, it is available in more than 400 different models. In this aspect, Apple is having a hard time opening up the market with some brands
- It is true that the Maps app from Apple is has a lot of good stuff, but it falls a bit short when it comes to reproducing it in Apple Car Play. It does not have 3D maps, and the indications it offers do not fully adapt to the car’s screen. Although Maps is not the best navigation app, Apple’s software allows you to use Waze, which is much more complete in the car version.
- One of the most important features of Android Auto is the concentration mode. This setting greatly reduces distractions on the car screen, allowing you to focus on driving. It is perhaps what is most missed in Apple Car Play, since this type of mode guarantees a much safer and more comfortable driving, without notifications constantly popping up on the screen.
- Finally, another of the things that should improve is voice control. Although Siri is one of the best assistants on the scene, it falls short of adjusting properly to Apple Car Play. When it comes to reading and replying to messages, it has some bugs and it is sometimes difficult to use this function. It gets a bit stuck when you ask for specific things and you need a lot of silence in the car so that Siri can work well. Without a doubt, a point to improve by the Californian company.