For decades, many users around the globe, both technology habituals and inexperienced, have used a personal email account. Whether for personal or more professional reasons. But the one known as SPAM it is present in most of the accounts we use on a daily basis.
Surely many of you already know first hand that when we refer to the aforementioned SPAM, we are actually talking about unsolicited email messages. These as a general rule tend to be sent en masse to a huge list of involuntary recipients. The truth is that these unwanted messages tend to be more annoying than useful in most cases and are full of garbage that does not interest us in the least.
They are usually deceptive advertising messages or scam attempts that do nothing more than fill our email account with useless entries. It should be borne in mind that almost all mail of SPAM have commercial purposes with which the spammers they try to promote and sell somewhat dubious goods and services.
These are often full of fake offers and prices that are too good to be true. Hence, in most cases we try to get rid of these SPAM emails once and for all. Precisely for all this, we are going to talk about a series of measures that you can take to achieve it.
Make sure that no more SPAM reaches your email with these measures
If what you want is to get rid of these annoying messages that constantly and daily arrive at your account, take a look at what we tell you below. With these tips you will be able to put an end to these annoying messages.
- Avoid giving your email to companies: when registering in all kinds of platforms and services On the Internet they ask us for an email that we should avoid giving. Sometimes they even stop us on the street to take surveys and ask us for our email, which increases the chances that SPAM will reach us.
- Filter the new SPAM messages that arrive: many of the email managers include their own antispam filter, something that we should use to avoid these unwanted messages. They are usually quite effective, although they are not 100% reliable.
- Configure the privacy in your mail manager: at the same time these mail managers They offer us some interesting security and privacy features that allow us to eliminate a large part of these unwanted messages.
- Cancel unnecessary or unwanted subscriptions: in the event that we are subscribed to the advertising newsletters of certain companies and we no longer need them, the best thing we can do is unsubscribe.
- Create a secondary email address: We always have the possibility of using a second email address. We can use it in certain somewhat suspicious uses in order to avoid SPAM in our main account.
- Use your name in the forms: whenever you have the possibility, it is better to use a username when registering somewhere, instead of the email account.
- Do not participate in email chains: on many occasions we receive supposedly supportive or funny chain emails. Avoid spreading these types of messages, which will always help reduce SPAM.