A little less than three years after the original AirPods Pro, Apple presented the second generation during the September 7 keynote, alongside the iPhone 14, Apple Watch 8 and Apple Watch Ultra. If the external changes are almost non-existent, the most popular wireless headphones evolve quite a bit inside, without revolutionizing the formula. However, the price increases slightly in France, thanks to the weak euro against the dollar, with a price now set at 299 euros, against 279 euros for the first models. Note that the price in the United States has not changed, still set at 249 dollars.
The new AirPods Pro 2
It’s D-Day as Apple says. The firm officially markets its AirPods Pro 2, after two weeks of pre-orders.
If you’ve read the AirPods Pro 2 overview and then the AirPods Pro 2022 reviews, you’ll surely know that Apple’s high-end wireless headphones go further with increased sound quality, more effective active noise reduction and a Stunning smart Transparency mode.
For the record, here is the list of new features:
- H2 chip: the new engine improves sound quality, autonomy and responsiveness.
- New, more powerful speaker and amplifier for more detail and clarity in sound.
- Twice as strong noise reduction.
- Intelligent transparency mode that adapts the sound to your environment.
- Autonomy of 6 hours per earphone, 30 hours in all (+ 30%).
- Compatibility with the Bluetooth 5.3 standard for future HiFi rendering.
- XS toe cap added to S, M and L.
- Touch control to adjust the sound from the stem.
- Case compatible with Locate and with the Apple Watch MagSafe charger. It also contains a speaker and a hole for attaching a lanyard.
Order AirPods Pro 2022
The AirPods Pro 2 are therefore available to order at 299 €:
As for the first generation AirPods Pro, they are no longer sold by Apple. But you can have them on sale on Amazon for example.
Note: iPhoneSoft uses affiliate links whenever possible. When you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission, which helps us maintain this site at no additional cost to you.