These vehicles are not popularized, but a good projection is expected in future years.
Hydrogen cars are called to revolutionize mobility in a future that has already begun. These vehicles operate, to a certain extent, similar to electric vehicles, but they are powered by the most abundant gas in the universe. Its use is not yet popularized, but it has a good projection if manages to solve what makes it still a type of car to be profiled. The hydrogen car will probably undergo the same process that the electric one went through, and in a few years it will be a perfectly viable reality.
This is the hydrogen car: pros and cons
Hydrogen cars have a large number of advantages, but there are still some drawbacks that have to be outlined for the future. These vehicles are called cause a change in trend and make us less and less dependent on fossil fuels. Another model of transport is possible thanks to hydrogen cars.
- They do not produce polluting emissions or noise. In fact, the only thing that produces water vapor.
- The cost of recharging a hydrogen car is similar to that of a conventional vehicle. Therefore, we are not talking about a higher price or anything that cannot be assumed.
- Due to the way it works, the engine hardly requires maintenance and breakdowns are not frequent.
- The main difference with the electric vehicle when recharging is that getting a hydrogen car does not take more than five minutes. At the same time it is used to fill a tank with fuel at a standard gas station.
- The autonomy is twice that of an electric car. In addition, this is not affected by the temperatures of the themes, as is the case with the first ones.
- Being a type of vehicle that does not generate emissions, it can circulate even in conditions of environmental restrictions. You do not have to pay for parking regulated by the blue zone.
- It is penalized in terms of size by the hydrogen deposit. The trunk practically non-existent, since it has to accommodate this reserve.
- There are only two commercial hydrogen car models, the Hyundai Nexo and the Toyota Mirai. At the end of the year, this figure will increase to 6.
- There are not too many hydrogen recharge points in Spain. These are located in 11 locations, you can check the map here. from the center of the Pyrenees to the border of Spain and Portugal in Ayamonte, the western part of that line does not have any hydrogen refueling station.
- Finally, the purchase price is considerably higher than a standard vehicle. We start from a price of €65,000 for the Toyota model available in Spain.
In any case, it is estimated that the technology will be perfected and will achieve leave behind all the inconveniences that, at the moment, present hydrogen cars. it may be that in a few years, we will be able to see this type of vehicle more frequently on the road, as has happened with the electric car. For now, Toyota has already created hydrogen cartridges that can comfortably feed these vehicles.
Hydrogen cars are called to be a new turn of the screw in an increasingly sustainable and efficient mobility. The final date given by Brussels to stop manufacturing motor vehicles, 2035, does nothing more than put us in a position to start changing habits. We can do the same as always without polluting, but at what price?
Related topics: Engine