However, now you are considering if they can access your mobile data, know where you are or have more information about you if you never turn it off or, on the contrary, they can’t do anything with it.
If right now you are wondering if it is dangerous to have your mobile with Bluetooth all the time or if you can use it without fear, we answer this question below. In any case, it must be taken into account that hackers take advantage of any occasion to get hold of your data and spy on youso it is not strange that they also do it with this technology.
It is enough to know that this technology is continuously exchanging data. Cybercriminals can take advantage of this connection to see your information, control it and obtain personal data and private information from you, and we tell you how.
If your Bluetooth connection is old, you are in danger
On the one hand, if your mobile is old and its Bluetooth standard is not recent, it is much easier for them to access your device because in these previous versions of Bluetooth, your permission was not needed to access the terminal, but they could connect without it directly. This results in many security holes that allow you to be easily spied on.
Although in the Bluetooth versions 4 and 5 fixed This does not mean that it is totally safe. Therefore, cybercriminals could connect a device to your device with this technology, obtain a lot of your data and even find out where you are. Therefore, it is important that you do not have Bluetooth always on, and especially in older mobiles, and that you update it frequently since new updates are created designed to solve security gaps and vulnerabilities.
This security breach was discovered long ago and fixed with updatesHowever, you can always be in danger with newer or older phones because hackers are always looking for any vulnerability and if they find it, they exploit it. This technology is ideal for this because of how easy it is to take advantage of.
And if not too, so they can spy on you
There are several ways to spy on any mobile with Bluetooth, these being the most recognized and dangerous:
- bluejacking, through which they can send you unwanted advertising and any information to your mobile without you knowing who sent it to you. In this way, they can also send you Trojans or malicious programs.
- bluesnarfing, in which they have the ability to obtain information from your mobile without you knowing it without having to manipulate your mobile to spy on you. They can access your messages, calendar, videos, photos, documents and more information.
- bluebugging, for which they execute commands on your mobile to modify the configuration and have absolute control of it. They can control apps, record conversations, etc.
They have created a lots of apps They work in different ways and have various utilities designed to spy on mobile phones via Bluetooth, so be careful with this connection because they could be spying on you without you knowing. It could be done by cybercriminals like someone you know who wants to know more about you or something you have on your smartphone.
You can only protect yourself if you do this
The way to protect yourself is by following certain safety guidelines:
- Keep Bluetooth on only when you use it
- put the stealth mode, and not visible
- Do not use it in public places
- update always the operating system of your mobile
- Install an antivirus or anti-spyware security program
- set up a access confirmation code for more security
If you do everything, it will be more difficult for them to access your information and use it against you. It doesn’t hurt that you look from time to time if you have an uninstalled app that you don’t know about or that you are suspicious if you notice something strange on your mobile.