Many popular personalities want to have a way out and forget about their work for a while. For this purpose, they find a nice hobby, which can help them relax and renew their energy. One of the popular ways to pass the time is gambling. Many celebs are fond of diverse games of chance, card games, and table games. One of the exciting varieties of gamble games many celebs prefer is baccarat. Today, we will speak about the essence of this game and the most prominent people, who enjoy playing it.
What is Baccarat?
Baccarat (B.) is one of the well-known casino games, which refers to the category of comparing card options. It means that punters do not play against each other. There’re usually 2 hands – a dealer & a player. The rules presuppose that a punter should choose a hand with more points in order to win. The game presupposes three possible outcomes:
- Player (a punter has more points)
- Banker (a dealer has more points)
- Tie (they have an equal number of points).
The key thing to know about B. is that punters can make bets on any possible hand – either banker’s or player’s one. It’s due to the fact that the banker doesn’t refer to the house. Besides, to gamble successfully, it’s necessary to know the value of each card. In B., all face cards and tens bring no points. The other cards possess the value indicated on them, except for aces, which bring one point each. In the situation when the total number consists of 2 digits, the second one defines the number of points. For example, if the total number of cards is 11, then a player gets 1 point. To obtain a reward, it’s necessary to bet on the hand, which has a number of points as close to nine as possible. If the total number of points is from 0 to 5, it’s possible to take an extra card for a player’s hand. As for a banker’s hand, it’s required to get familiar with the rules to know the situations when it’s possible to add another card. It depends on the number of points and on the cards, which are taken by a player’s hand.
There exist various types of this game. We want to tell our readers about the main ones:
|Punto Banco||This variation has almost the same rules that traditional blackjack has. Six decks are used for the game.|
|Chemin-de-fer||Punters are allowed to participate in the game as a bank. In this case, they start playing against other participants. This version is extremely popular in France.|
|Banque||There’re three decks used in the game. Here, like in the previous version, punters can play as bankers. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that punters play against each other. They can just make bets on a banker’s hand.|
Today, punters can enjoy this wonderful card game not only at brick-and-mortar gaming venues. They can also try online baccarat for real money at numerous Internet casinos. At such facilities, gamblers can find much more variations to choose from, including 3-card games, mini, and all the versions described above.
Celebs Who Enjoy the Game
Being quite an easy game with understandable rules and a low house edge, baccarat keeps attracting punters. Celebrities didn’t become an exception, so there’re many popular personalities, who are extremely fond of B.:
- I. Flemming. This man is known for his series of books devoted to the legendary J. Bond. In fact, Bond himself is described as a passionate punter, so the author admits that he gave him his own traits of character. In the film, the script is slightly different compared to the original book, so Bond in the movie likes poker. However, the author made him a baccarat fan in his book.
- M. Jordan. This legendary basketballer is known for his great interest in gambling in general. And B. is one of the options he is extremely fond of. Being a billionaire, this professional player can afford to attend luxurious gaming venues frequently. Along with baccarat, Michael is also a fan of its brother-game blackjack, which has very similar rules. Once, he was even noticed attending a gaming venue in the early hours of the morning before a serious match.
- B. Willis. He is another star, who enjoys gambling. In fact, he is quite good at it. Bruce has diverse interests, so he likes playing diverse card games, including baccarat and craps. The actor has been noticed multiple times in such gaming facilities as MGM Grand and others. Once, he even managed to win 500,000 USD, while playing B. in Atlantic City. It’s an interesting fact that the actor is one of those, who didn’t quit gambling even after the lockdown. Instead of this, Bruce started to gamble at online gaming venues, which are presented by the great diversity on the web.
- J. Chan. This legendary martial artist and actor is also a great fan of gamble games. The most attentive people could see many scenes featuring baccarat in his own movies. One of the examples is Rush Hour Part 3. It features a man, who hopes to impress a lady by playing baccarat. The thing is that he doesn’t know the successful combos.
- G. Knight. She is a famous American singer, who is now 78 years old. She has been very fond of B. throughout her life. And in the 80s, she started to suffer from the addiction. By the end of a decade, she lost about 60,000 USD in just one night, while playing baccarat. Such a situation made her join a supporting group – Gamblers Anonymous. It’s a good example of the fact that even such an innocent game as baccarat should be played responsibly.
is one of the oldest card games. it’s quite simple and exciting, which is why it keeps attracting more fans among plain people and celebs. The key thing to enjoy gambling is to be a responsible punter and never cross the line.