In this article we explain in detail the meaning of the most common washing machine symbols, such as spin, prewash, less, temperature, hand wash and bleach.
The washing machine is one of the basic appliances in any home. This device may be one of the best inventions in history, since it allows washing clothes with little effort: the clothes are emptied, programmed and the machine does the rest.
Gone are the days of washing clothes by hand, a tedious and difficult process to carry out. In addition, the washing machine is also a good instrument to save water, the latest models have sensors that measure the amount of water necessary to carry out the washing process.
In the same way, it allows you to wash large amounts of clothes in a short period of time. In fact, there are several simple tricks to separate clothes to speed up washing and save much more time.
LG WiFi washers or Samsung washers, as well as other brands, usually come with symbols, which may vary depending on the manufacturer. Unfortunately, there are people who do not fully understand what they are for, but in this article we are going to explain it to you in detail.
Washing machine symbols: what do they really mean?
If you have already read the washing machine manual and, even so, the meaning of the symbols has not been clear to you, don’t worry, after the jump we share the most common symbols of your washing machine.
Among the most frequent or most used by manufacturers, are the spin, prewash, temperature and hand wash.
- Spin: this is a symbol that is very much like a spiral. It is mainly used to change the spin speed before or during the wash cycle.
- Prewash: the prewash symbol looks like a drop of water or on other washing machine models it looks like a bucket of water with a line in the middle. It is recommended to use this function when the clothes are heavily soiled.
- Less wrinkles: This symbol of the iron means that it is a type of washing that reduces the formation of wrinkles in the clothes during the spin cycle. Reduce speed to avoid excessive wrinkling of garments.
- Temperature: a symbol that looks like a thermometer appears, and which indicates the temperature of the water in the washing machine. Sometimes it is shown with dots or dashes, and this indicates the different temperatures available.
- Hand wash: this symbol appears as a bucket full of water with a hand inside, indicating that you can wash the garment only by hand and it is not recommended to do it in the washing machine, otherwise the clothes will be damaged.
- Bleach: is a symbol that looks like a triangle, it means that you can use any type of bleach on the garment.
Although we share the meaning of the most common washing machine symbolswe highly recommend reading the washing machine manual, since each brand has different functions and uses.
In this way you will be able to distinguish the difference between the complementary functions of a wash and the symbols that represent the washing programs that the machine has. Undoubtedly, it is key to know the symbols so that you can wash your clothes correctly and not damage them.