And given its scope, it is common for product and service brands to try to persuade users through the browser.
However, this does not take away how annoying it can be to be exposed to endless advertising when making a query online.
In this sense, Google has already taken action on the matter so that the user experience is more satisfactory and less intensive.
How to see fewer ads on Google?
In order to improve the navigability of the people, Google already has a feature to limit the number of ads in certain categories.
Originally this search service had been created for YouTube, specifically for advertising related to gambling and alcoholic beverages.
However, the Internet giant decided to extend this option to its browser and direct it towards categories such as weight loss, parenting, pregnancy and dating sites.
And it is that users have classified this type of advertising content as annoying or harmful, so there is a way to restrict it and here we tell you how to do it.
- First you need to go to your Google account.
- Once there, go to the “Data and privacy” section.
- And then click on “ad settings”.
Once you are in this last step you will be able to see the aforementioned categories, so you will have the opportunity to restrict ads from them.
For this, there is a label next to each category that says “see less”, and it is just that button that you must click to restrict the ads of those themes.
But if you want another way to do it, you can also choose the following: go directly to the “ad settings” link and once you are there, go to the option that says “sensitive ad categories” and that’s it.
One thing we must make clear is that even if you have chosen to restrict certain advertising content on Googlethese can continue to appear as long as you do a search related to them.
It is important to mention that for this restriction to be more effective you can configure your profile in the search engine.
When you are in your profile you can locate some criteria, such as age, employment, pets, among others, a section from which you can choose what information you want them to have and what not.
To make this customization of your profile, do the following:
- Sign in to your Google account.
- In the navigation panel choose the “data and privacy” option.
- Go to “things you have done and places you have visited”.
- Then choose “ad personalization” in the “ad settings” section.
- In case the personalization of ads is deactivated, you just have to mark it as activated.
- In “how your ads are personalized” you can select personal information and interests.
- In order for it to be registered, you just have to click on “update” and follow the steps that the system throws at you.
- And so that a certain interest or liking does not appear, just click on “deactivate”.
Try this procedure and let us know what you thought and if the user experience improved.