Autumn smells like a new version of Android, from the layers of the various manufacturers and also smells like updates. With the hope that little by little they will reach the majority of users, these updates are being confirmed for the most modern mobiles, top of the range first. With a large catalog of devices, Xiaomi has been updating them to MIUI 13 together with Android 12. And we already anticipated the next generation, not in vain the brand has been testing MIUI 14 for a few weeks.
The jump from MIUI 13 to MIUI 14 promises to be important
At the moment we officially do not know what MIUI 14 will bring back to Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO mobiles, development of alpha versions is kept secret. Some leaks did come out with little news, quite the opposite of what just happened: a leak leaves the change log on the air.
Since Xiaomi had planned the presentation of MIUI 14, it is logical that there is a leak with what MIUI 14 is up to. This filtration comes from Kacper Skrzypeka well-known “leaker” who has revealed the changelog of MIUI 14 in two screenshots. The changelog is hugeas can be verified.
MIUI 14 developers adapt Xiaomi’s custom layer to Android 13 as the base system version; without this implying that all those who receive the layer see their Android update: MIUI 14 can behave independently. And as far as news is concerned, they are these:
- mless space occupied by the systembetter performance and a more appropriate response for long periods of time.
- Improvement in the system architecture to enhance the apps installed in MIUI 14 and those downloaded by the user.
- Less battery drain.
- Greater end-to-end privacy with special attention to processes performed only on the device.
- Personalization goes up a level with more than 30 predefined scenes in MIUI 14, My Smart Hub supports more devices, new widget formats, more desktop super icons, more themes, and folders will highlight your most-used apps.
- MIUI Gallery allows you to select text from images to copy or translate.
- Wireless communications enhancements– With MIUI 14 it’s easier to discover new accessories, transfer connected ones between different devices and instantly switch between all of them.
- Improvements in the WiFi connection thanks to the use of mobile networks when domestic coverage is weak.
- MIUI 14 allows you to create family groups of up to 8 participants with options such as exchanging photos, videos, health data or calls.
- The Mi Ai assistant gains capabilities thanks to Xiaomi’s Artificial Intelligence: object recognition, instant call translator, interaction with the different sections of the phone and even spam call filtering.
- The search within MIUI 14 becomes more powerful. It is easier to locate anything on the phone, Xiaomi includes search history and category filtering.
- The update expands card options on the phone and allows it to function as a key in compatible cars.
The list of changes is long, now we will have to see when they are officially confirmed. Xiaomi has not given a new date for the presentation of MIUI 14 and the Xiaomi 13, but surely it won’t take too long. Later we will know which phones will update to MIUI 14, with Android 13 or without it.
Via | Kacper Skrzypek