Trojans, viruses and malware that could hide your mobile
These are the best-known viruses that are attacking mobile devices today and that you could have without being aware of it:
- brata. With Brata we are referring to a banking malware that has reached Spain and other European countries that is capable of stealing passwords and everything on mobile phones. In recent months, the presence of several apps with this malware has been detected. It works as Advanced Persistent Threat and sneaks into apps to trick its victims.
- FluBot . The famous malware that has affected many people in Spain uses Phishing, impersonating large companies to lead us to malicious links that download the malware. Access bank accounts and are not afraid to empty them. It has evolved over time to become more dangerous.
- Ransomware. The malicious ransomware code can also lock your phone and encrypt its files. If it attacks you, you will notice it instantly because a warning will pop up.
- joker. It is one of the most feared viruses that sneaks into app stores and subscribes you to Premium services, making your phone bill go up considerably.
- Vultur. Lurking is another virus that records the phone’s screen to access certain activity data, stealing passwords and credentials.
- Malibot. We are facing a virus that can steal money from bank accounts such as Santander and Caixabank. It is capable of stealing credentials, cookies and abusing the accessibility service to access the data it seeks. It is often masked under cryptocurrency mining apps.
- Jellyfish. Do not fall for this threat that seeks to obtain data on its victims by capturing screenshots, recognizing keystrokes or analyzing the use of the phone. It disguises itself as an app or update in a link.
- SharkBot. This is a Trojan that can steal your bank details, yet it often hides under fake antivirus apps.
How to know if there is one of these viruses on the mobileThese are some of the most dangerous viruses that can attack your mobile, although there are many more. Although the best tool to combat them is caution, it doesn’t hurt to find out if they have been able to attack you and are spying on you, sending you advertising, stealing your data or your money.
If after installing a new application you start to see that something is wrong, even if a few hours or days have passed, he becomes suspicious. If you see some app that you have not installeduninstall it immediately because it could be a virus.
You should see if your Internet connection is not going as it should, your mobile has gone crazy, it is blocked or it is starting to give problems, because this could be one of the reasons. We recommend that monitor battery and data consumption on your mobile in the background to see what you’re consuming the most, that’s where you might see what’s going on.
The best you can do is install a good reliable antivirus on your smartphone or use the one that has this pre-installed if you have one, and pass your scanner to detect possible threats. Do not forget that this must be updated to be aware of the latest threats. Even if you don’t notice anything strange, it doesn’t hurt to install the antivirus to check it because in some cases you might not even find out. Don’t forget to activate Play Protect.