Listening to music on Android Auto is usually not a problem, since most streaming platforms are compatible. Spotify, YouTube Music, Apple Music, Amazon Music… It is enough to have a subscription to one of them, and the app installed on the mobile, to receive the option to use it in Android Auto. But what if you wanted to listen to music from YouTube? There are ways to have YouTube in the car, but it is not as practical as what ViMusic offers you.
A complete YouTube player with all the options you are looking for
The application we are talking about is under development and works really well under our tests: ViMusic is an excellent alternative to other more established YouTube players; like the now-defunct Vanced or the excellent NewPipe.
ViMusic gives access to YouTube music and only music, not videos. It allows you to listen to the audio from most of the platform in the form of a music player: with its customizable lists, division into groups, songs, and also albums. It offers a search engine and allows to organize all tastes in a complete way, it also offers the option to download the audios to the phone. It even has a timer. so that the music stops once you get sleepy.
The app is perfect as a player for the phone and adds the icing on the cake with the availability of Android Auto. To do this you need to perform the following process:
- Open Android Auto settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the version number several times until the developer settings are activated.
- Click on the three upper menu points and select “Developer settings“.
- Check the option “Unknown sources“.
- Open ViMusic and go to the “Other” tab.
- Turn on the “Android Auto” setting.
- Before connecting the mobile to the car make sure you download the music charts you want to listen to in Android Auto. The car app will only load those saved songs to the console.
Once you connect your mobile to the car you will see that ViMusic appears among the installed apps. Click on it and listen to the music from your playlists: the controls are just as comfortable as any other car music app.
ViMusic seemed to us to be a good app in the event that you do not have a subscription to any music platform. It is not as powerful nor does it open the door to so much music, the audio quality is not the best eitherbut it behaves more than decently in practice. The download is accessible on the developer’s GitHub.