Although it sounds like the future, robotics is a reality that will continue to grow over the years. It is even estimated that by approximately the year 2035, the humanoid robot sector will be as large as the automotive sector. If so, we would be talking about one of the great industries of the future. But, although there is still a long way to go, we can already see impressive robots like the Guardian S from Sarcos Robotics. In addition to other famous humanoids that are also impossible not to mention.
Guardian S snake robot
Within the entire robot sector, there is one that appears somewhat different. More than anything, because this snake-shaped robot, called Guardian Shas the ability to climb and move on walls, as we can see in the video that the company that developed it, Sarcos Robotics, uploaded a few years ago.
As we can see, it has a particular design that reminds us of a snake. And it is that, in addition to rectifying the floor, it has the characteristic function of climbing the walls. The objective of this Sarcos model is that it can reach hard-to-reach areas or, above all, when a person cannot enter a room or place where there has been a gas leak, dangerous chemical products…
Among its features, we find ourselves before a snake-shaped robot that comes with up to six cameras with 4K resolution, in addition to having a 360º vision. And that’s not all, because Guardian S has night and infrared vision, a GPS system, speakers and a microphone, or even vibration and gas sensors. Although, to scale walls, they have to be ferromagnetic surfaces.
The 7 most famous humanoids
Thefts are the future, but it is increasingly present. In fact, there are many companies that have been showing the results of their developments in recent times. But, so that we can get an idea, let’s see the 7 most famous humanoid robots and that, in the future, they could be one more in our society:
- Atlas: Not long ago the Atlas robot from Boston Dynamics became famous on social networks. More than anything, because we could see the abilities of this design: jumping, backflips, picking up objects, moving them or even throwing them. Some characteristics that have been fine-tuned, and which will continue to be developed to be as precise as possible.
- Optimus: this is the bet of Elon Musk and Tesla. A humanoid robot that he hopes to mass market and sell not for less than $20,000 unit.
- CyberOne: Xiaomi has also joined the era of humanoid robots. She is 1.77 meters tall and weighs 52 kilos. First of all, she has a response speed of 0.5 ms. In this case, she is able to hold objects with her hands and to walk. In addition, she has a system called Mi Sense with which she can detect emotions.
- Ameca: This design, developed by Engineered Arts, was presented during CES 2022. And the truth is that it gave a lot to talk about. We are before a humanoid robot with facial features similar to those of a person who was even capable of making gestures. Even his software allows him to give answers, although somewhat limiting as we could see in his day.
ROBOTS can be very disturbing. #robots #ia #future #skynet #terminator
- fedor: This android, designed by Android Technics and the Advanced Research Fund for the Russian Federal Space Agency, was another of the robots that have traveled to space. In fact, she stayed a few days on the International Space Station (ISS, in English). And, in this case, it was also used in the military sector.
- Sophia: within the humanoid robots with facial expressions similar to that of humans, we find this model, which even up to express emotions. In this case, it has been developed by Hanson Robotics.
- asimo: This model was, without a doubt, one of the great innovations at the beginning of the 21st century. This humanoid developed by Honda, arrived to revolutionize the robotics market. But, after several years, the Japanese brand decided to end its development.
Other robots that impress
Leaving humanoid robots aside, we also find other designs that attract attention. They are designed to meet other goalsas we will see below, but, without a doubt, they are also impressive:
- cyberdog: another bet from Xiaomi, although in this case in the form of a dog. It has tactile and ultrasonic sensors, as well as cameras and GPS modules. This model can interact with the environment. He is thinking of giving assistance to the elderly, for example, and it is already on sale for around 1,300 euros. But, for now, it is only available in China and has limited units.
- worm robot: measures 45 centimeters and weighs about 605 grams. Is based on worm mechanicsTherefore, it has a similar design. The team in charge of its development developed a system that reproduces the same muscular movements as earthworms.