Soccer fans can now enjoy the World Cup in Qatar after kicking off last Sunday with the opening match between Qatar and Ecuador. Also, this year, users have several alternatives to see it. On the one hand we can watch the World Cup for free through TVE or RTVE Play. Movistar, for its part, also broadcasts the tournament for its Movistar+ Plus customers. However, today we are talking about a proposal that we heard about recently: World Goal.
Those who wish to see the entire World Cup in Qatar are in luck, as Gol Mundial offers an independent service where you can watch the matches and exclusive programming. In this article we leave you with all the keys to this platform.
What is World Goal?
It is an alternative streaming service that offers the possibility of watch the 64 matches of the World Cup in Qatar. Through a single payment, it is possible to access all the programming of the World Cup, whether they are the matches themselves live, exclusive programs, and even the option of watching all the matches delayed. Everything from its website and dedicated applications for each device.
The matches can be seen on a multitude of devices, that is, computers, smart TVs and mobile devices. However, the service only allows you to watch the games on a single device, so it will not be possible to play the programming on devices simultaneously.
The service has specified the systems on which it will be available. And it is that in addition to Windows and macOS, on Smart TVs the app reaches Samsung, LG, Chromecast, and all Set top Boxes that include Android TV. In addition, the service can also be enjoyed on Android and iOS. On the other hand, the company has confirmed that the only option to enjoy this service from an Apple TV is to use its AirPlay protocol from a compatible device.
Maximum supported resolution on each device
Another point to highlight is the resolution that it offers to its clients. And it is that in smart televisions, we will have the option to choose between two channels: one in 1080p and one in 4K HDR. However, if we are playing a game through a computer, or another device, the maximum resolution will be 1080p.
How can I access Gol Mundial?
Once the service has been contracted through its website, accessing it is very simple, since It is on that same web page where we can see all the meetings and programming dedicated to the World Cup.. On Smart TVs and mobile devices we will have to download an app to access its contents. We can download it through Google Play and App Store. It is also available for the respective app stores of Samsung and LG TVs. There is no app on computers, so the only access route is limited to the web.
By registering for the service, All we have to do is enter our access credentials on the web and we will be able to see the interface with all the programming dedicated to the World Cup in Qatar. If you are going to access from a mobile phone or television, just go to the app and also enter your data. In the case of TV, you can also log in with a QR code that you will have to scan with your mobile.
After having logged in, you will be able to access all the programming offered by Gol Mundial. Home screen is very responsive, and on the front page we have both the games that are being played, as well as those that will be broadcast soon during that day. In addition, we will also find the channel in which exclusive programming of the tournament is offered 24 hours a day.
As we said before, on televisions we can choose whether to watch a game in 1080p or in 4K HDR, however, if you are accessing it from a PC or Mac, the only option is to watch it in 1080p. Also, if we want to access a game on a delayed basis, it is worth mentioning that we can only see it in HD, since it is stored in lower quality on the servers to save space. The response when playing each game is commendable, and the image quality is what you can expect from an IPTV service.
It is worth mentioning that, before the reproduction of the match, we will have an ad break of about 20 secondssomething similar to when we play content from the Movistar+ Plus app or website.
If we look at the upper right corner, we see that we have several icons. The first of them will take us to the panel to see all the games, whether they are live or deferred. On the other hand, in the second icon in the corner, we will find a menu with all the programming ordered by day and time.
Calendar of all the matches of the World Cup in Qatar
If you do not want to miss any match of the tournament, under these lines we leave you with all group stage matches that you can see during the World Cup in Qatar:
- Sunday, November 20 at 5:00 p.m.: Qatar-Ecuador | Group A
- Monday, November 21 at 2:00 p.m.: England-Iran | B Group
- Monday, November 21 at 5:00 p.m.: Senegal-Netherlands | Group A
- Monday, November 21 at 8:00 p.m.: United States-Wales | B Group
- Tuesday, November 22 at 11:00 a.m.: Argentina-Saudi Arabia | Group C
- Tuesday, November 22 at 2:00 p.m.: Denmark-Tunisia | Group D
- Tuesday, November 22 at 5:00 p.m.: Mexico-Poland | Group C
- Tuesday, November 22 at 8:00 p.m.: France-Australia | Group D
- Wednesday, November 23 at 11:00 a.m.: Morocco-Croatia | Group F
- Wednesday, November 23 at 2:00 p.m.: Germany-Japan | Group E
- Wednesday, November 23 at 5:00 p.m.: Spain-Costa Rica| Group E
- Wednesday, November 23 at 8:00 p.m.: Belgium-Canada | Group F
- Thursday, November 24 at 11:00 a.m.: Switzerland-Cameroon| Group G
- Thursday, November 24 at 2:00 p.m.: Uruguay-South Korea | Group H
- Thursday, November 24 at 5:00 p.m.: Portugal-Ghana | Group H
- Thursday, November 24 at 8:00 p.m.: Brazil-Serbia | Group G
- Friday November 25 at 11:00: Wales-Iran | B Group
- Friday, November 25 at 2:00 p.m.: Qatar-Senegal | Group A
- Friday, November 25 at 5:00 p.m.: Netherlands-Ecuador | Group A
- Friday, November 25 at 8:00 p.m.: England-United States | B Group
- Saturday November 26 at 11:00: Tunisia-Australia | Group D
- Saturday, November 26 at 2:00 p.m.: Poland-Saudi Arabia | Group C
- Saturday, November 26 at 5:00 p.m.: France-Denmark | Group D
- Saturday, November 26 at 8:00 p.m.: Argentina-Mexico | Group C
- Sunday November 27 at 11:00: Japan-Costa Rica | Group E
- Sunday, November 27 at 2:00 p.m.: Belgium-Morocco | Group F
- Sunday, November 27 at 5:00 p.m.: Croatia-Canada | Group F
- Sunday, November 27 at 8:00 p.m.: Spain-Germany | Group E
- Monday, November 28 at 11:00 a.m.: Canada-Serbia | Group G
- Monday, November 28 at 2:00 p.m.: South Korea-Ghana | Group H
- Monday, November 28 at 5:00 p.m.: Brazil-Switzerland | Group G
- Monday, November 28 at 8:00 p.m.: Portugal-Uruguay | Group H
- Tuesday, November 29 at 4:00 p.m.: Ecuador-Senegal | Group A
- Tuesday, November 29 at 4:00 p.m.: Netherlands-Qatar | Group A
- Tuesday, November 29 at 8:00 p.m.: Iran-United States | B Group
- Tuesday, November 29 at 8:00 p.m.: Wales-England | B Group
- Wednesday, November 30 at 4:00 p.m.: Tunisia-France | Group D
- Wednesday, November 30 at 4:00 p.m.: Australia-Denmark | Group D
- Wednesday, November 30 at 8:00 p.m.: Poland-Argentina | Group C
- Wednesday, November 30 at 8:00 p.m.: Saudi Arabia-Mexico | Group C
- Thursday, December 1 at 4:00 p.m.: Croatia-Belgium | Group F
- Thursday, December 1 at 4:00 p.m.: Canada-Morocco | Group F
- Thursday, December 1 at 8:00 p.m.: Japan-Spain | Group E
- Thursday, December 1 at 8:00 p.m.: Costa Rica-Germany | Group E
- Friday, December 2 at 4:00 p.m.: South Korea-Portugal | Group H
- Friday, December 2 at 4:00 p.m.: Ghana-Uruguay | Group H
- Friday, December 2 at 8:00 p.m.: Serbia-Switzerland | Group G
- Friday, December 2 at 8:00 p.m.: Cameroon-Brazil | Group G
Prices and alternatives
World Goal has a price of €19.99, a single payment that will give you access to all its programming. If you wish, you can also choose to contract a pack that includes the subscription, and a decoder with Android TV to be able to download the Gol Mundial app in case you do not have a Smart TV. This pack is priced at €79.99.
If you are a Movistar customer, you can also watch the World Cup in Qatar through the Gol Mundial enabled channels in the Movistar+ Plus programming. In this case, You must have contracted one of the ‘Movistar LaLiga’ or ‘All football’ packages. The broadcast of the matches will also be in 4K UHD.
As an alternative option, you can always rely on the programming offered by RTVE for free through DTT or RTVE Play. The chain offers 20 matches openly through ‘La 1’, and a special channel dedicated to broadcasting the matches in 4K HDR. In this article we show you how to tune in to this channel and its requirements.