Few hidden secrets were more desired than the new Android Auto interface, the so-called Coolwalk. Designed for better adapt to any screen ratio and resolution, and with double-window operation with shortcuts on the side or bottom, Coolwalk is an improvement in the use of Android Auto that is especially appreciated in larger panels. Fortunately, you are no longer restricted to application code.
Android Auto Coolwalk for beta users
As we said, it has been waiting and we already have it officially among us. Of course, for the moment with nuances: despite the fact that it is no longer necessary to be ROOT and play with the code to activate Coolwalk, Google continues to restrict the interface to the majority public. That is, only those who are signed up for the Android Auto beta have the novelty available.
Google recently opened the Android Auto beta so that users had the option to try Coolwak in advance. The problem is that said beta is usually completed too quickly; which prevents access to the new interface, at least for now.
Here’s the bad news: the only way to get Coolwalk in the car without messing with the code is to have access to the beta. To obtain it, you must follow the following process:
- Access this link and check that the beta has free slots.
- In the event that Google has enabled more space, click on the “become a tester“.
- You are already inside the Android Auto beta: update the app on your mobile.
- Reboot the phone after installing the update and connect it to the car: The Coolwalk interface should now appear. Otherwise, restart again.
- In the event that you have not entered the beta, try clearing the storage of the Android Auto and Google Play Services applications. Reboot and see if Coolwalk shows up – there are times when you don’t need to be a beta.
Coolwalk requires a beta user, but not for too long: surely Google will activate Coolwalk for everyone in the following stable versions. After years of hiding, the interface is ready.