Most headphones use synthetic leather materials, however, the AirPods Max are prone to getting dirty easily because their ear pads are made of memory foam and the headband has a mesh fabric. Although these materials are more ergonomic and offer greater comfort to users, they also tend to accumulate dirt quickly and can stain after not so long use.
Additionally, AirPods Max are available in different colors that highlight visible dirt even more. Luckily, there is the possibility of keeping your AirPods Max in good condition for a long period if you clean them regularly and properly. So, read on to find out how to thoroughly clean the headband, cushions, earpads, and case of your AirPods Max.
How to clean the mesh band of AirPods Max?
The AirPods Max headband gets dirty quickly due to the breathable mesh fabric that is in constant contact with your hair. If you use oils, gels or other hair products, this will likely affect the band of your AirPods Max over time, accumulating dirt on it. Additionally, dyes and makeup can also stain AirPods Max.
By following these steps and tips, you can easily clean any stain from your AirPods Max:
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- In a clean container you can put liquid laundry detergent and with a soft brush or the tool that comes with the iPhone to extract SIM cards, little by little cleans all the parts of the mesh.
It is important that do not use hot water, since it could affect the color of the AirPods band.
How to clean the AirPods Max cushions?
After cleaning the mesh band on your AirPods, you may be wondering how you can clean the AirPods cushions. This is the part of the AirPods that tends to get dirtier over time and can be very annoying since it is a very visible part when we are not wearing them.
To clean the AirPods Max cushions, you can also use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth, liquid laundry detergent, and a soft brush.
In order to clean the cushions, first of all you will have to undock the AirPods. It’s very simple, you just have to apply a little pressure outwards and you will see that they come out quickly, as if they were magnetized to the structure. In short, these are the steps you should follow:
- Undock the cushions of the structure of the AirPods.
- Mix liquid detergent with water creating a kind of soap.
- Dampen the clean cloth with this soap. and clean the AirPods.
- Dampen another clean cloth, only with water to finish cleaning them and remove the soap from the cushions.
- Finally, with a clean, dry cloth, dry the headphone cushions.