You will see how easy it is to save an email that you have received or that you yourself have sent from Gmail in PDF format, and all with your Android smartphone. We tell you how it is done.
Gmail is one of the most widely used email applications in the world, not only because of its good design, its good organization of emails and its intuitive handling, but also because of the options it offers.
This application offers a variety of nifty featuresincluding the one that concerns us today, such as the ability to print or download emails in PDF format.
This is a really useful feature, since it helps us to save important messages to use them offline, archive all kinds of correspondence or share an email with anyone in a simpler way and from many more means.
Let’s stop preambles and see how this transformation to PDF format works, as well as knowing how we can store emails on our smartphone so as not to depend on the Internet if we want to consult something that is old.
How to download a Gmail email in PDF format:
What is a PDF?
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a file type that has all the elements of a printed document like an electronic image that users can view, browse, print, or forward to another person.
The PDFs were developed by Adobe and could be seen for the first time in 1992. In the early years, PDF was popularized mostly in desktop publishing workflows, and competed with a variety of formats such as DjVu, Envoy, Common Ground Digital Paper, or Farallon Replica.
They are based on the postscript language. They began to be popular in 2008 and since then they have not stopped being used more and more by users, to the point that today it is normal to go overboard and even create or modify files like these.
These types of files are extremely completesince they can embed fonts so that they are available anywhere on display and can even include interactive elements, such as buttons to enter forms and to activate sound or video.
PDF files are useful for documents such as magazine articles, product brochures or flyers, as well as for downloading and printing such as resumes, contracts and application forms. They also support the addition of digital signatures to authenticate the integrity of a digital document.
How to download an email in PDF from Gmail
With Gmail you can download an email in PDF format, something that can be really useful.
The steps to ddownload a gmail email in pdf simple:
- We launch the Gmail application on our Android device and open the email message that we want to save as a PDF.
- In the upper right corner of the application, we click on the 3-point menu and select Print. If the email has more than one message, the option will be print all.
- Now we expand the dropdown menu in the upper left corner and select Save as PDF. Just below we can see the number of copies, the size of the paper, the color, the orientation, if it is on two sides or the pages.
- Once we configure these options, we do click the PDF button with a teal circle background on the right side of the screen.
- Next, we navigate to the directory where we want to save the PDF inside our smartphone.
- When it is decided, all that remains is to press the button Keep.
- Now that we have saved the email in the storage of our device, we no longer need an Internet connection to view said email, since it is saved in the internal storage of the smartphone and in the folder decided by us for it.
How to download Gmail emails and their attachments on an Android
In addition to downloading a certain email that we have in Gmail in PDF format, we will also be able to download all the emails thanks to the functionality Google Takeoutsomething that can be used both to do it on our Android and to use it on a Windows computer.
The steps we must follow are the following:
- We enter Gmail with the account from which we want to download the emails.
- We click on the photo of our profile (top right).
- then we give in Google account.
- Now we must move through the options that appear under the name of the account and click on Data and privacy.
- We go down until we find Applications and services.
- We move the applications that appear until we see Gmail and if we do not see it, click on + (number of apps that each one has), for example +3.
- We go back down until we find gmail.
- Inside we will see the number of conversations, those that are in the inbox and the number of sent ones. Well, just below there is a button that says Dischargewhich you have to press.
- Once we press we will see the Google Takeout sign.
- We go down until we can click on Next step.
- Now, if we go down, we can choose various parameters such as the Frequency (how often this copy should be made), something that we should now keep in mind export oncethe type (which we left in Zip) and the size (that we must choose which one we want, that is, the smaller, the more files will be generated. There is up to a 50GB maximum).
- When we have decided, click on create export.
- Now we will see a sign telling us that the files are being prepared, something that can take hours or even days.
- When the export is ready, they will notify us by email and then we can download it on our Android.
- In this email you only have to click on Download the files.
You no longer only know how to download an email in PDF format, but also how you can have a backup copy of all the emails that we have received and sent on your smartphone.
These two Gmail solutions are extremely practical and I am sure that, now that we know how they work, we are going to use them from time to time.