The Android operating system is sometimes a box of surprises, since within the development there are options that are not available at a glance. Many of them are only accessible if the terminal in question is unprotected (rooted), but there are others that can be accessed simply by using the phone’s own dialer. An example in the integrated test menu.
By entering this test menu you get interesting information about the device being used, always with Android operating system. An example of what I am saying is that it is possible to know the IMEI number of the terminal (and perform a Ping test to know how it works); going through the battery information in which you can know the voltage and temperature; and, of course, all the details of WiFi connectivity where it is possible to activate and deactivate this wireless connection interface.
The truth is that you do not have to carry out complicated processes to achieve this, since you simply have to open the Phone application and activate the numeric dialer. Once this is done, you must enter the following sequence of characters: *#*#4636#*#*. Wait a few seconds and the aforementioned menu will automatically be accessed without you having to do anything else.
By the way, don’t press the dial button, since doing so will not execute the necessary action and you will receive the usual response that the number that has been used does not exist. Therefore, just have some patience as the first run may take a little longer than expected.
Depending on what you touch, there are many things that you will be able to reach, important and above all to highlight are some things in this hidden menu. Works on all versions of Android, requiring at least 4-5 onwardsuntil the last one, although in fact the last ones are not worth that much.
Apart from the information provided in the test menu, where it is even possible know the applications that have been used and the time that each of them has been running (ideal for knowing if a child is telling the truth or not), there are more options that can be used in this hidden option of the Android operating system.
An example of what I am saying is that using some of the existing submenus it is possible disable the radio of the terminal. I am not referring to the one used to listen to stations, but to the internal one of the device in question, which is the one that allows you to make calls. This can sometimes be useful.
The fact is that by using the test menu as we have indicated, you have a lot of information about an Android terminal and you can explore interesting options. Some are important and should not be used lightly.. But exploring them is the minimum I think. You can learn about other tricks for products with the Google operating system in this section.
There are several sections to consider in the test menu, three essential elementsIt remains to be noted that if you enter you have several things to do, as long as you don’t know too much about it. The ideal is that before touching anything you look for information, because it is likely that if you alter it there will be things that work “differently.”
There are several things to highlight that you are going to do, even if you understand a little about it, you can do it to another person on a different device. The Android test menu was born as what it is, hidden functions that not everyone could get to them if you didn’t know the command sequence.
The three points to consider are:
- WiFi information: you will know the information about the networks to which you connect, activate or deactivate depending on you, you also have the signal, whether it is weak, medium or of excellent quality, among other things and parameters that will interest you
- Usage statistics: it will give you application usage statistics that you have on your phone, the average time is usually exact and this will be good to know if you use a lot, for example, apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, as well as others, which include games
- Phone information: you will know things about your device, among them is the IMEI, a piece of information that will help us block the phone if we have lost it, it is stolen, etc. You will also know the network where you are currently connected, as well as other details, which are things that are useful for our daily life, you will also obtain values of other things, among other technical details of the same smartphone.
A brand that has given access to its hidden menu is Xiaomi, it works in another model such as Redmi and it is similar to the Android phone tests. Note that it is something that you will only be able to access if you know the basics, so keep in mind that if you touch something inside, you can alter things on the device.
Accessing the secret settings of a Xiaomi phone is complicated to say the least, as long as you don’t know what to put in or what to do to enter it. In this step we are going to tell you how to enter and take advantage of this hidden menu of the Asian brand phones.
To access it, do the following on your device:
- Access your device settingsit is the gear wheel of the telephone
- To access the CIT menu, go to “My device” and then “All specifications”
- Under “Kernel Version”, press a total of five times
- Already within the menu you have many things, one of them is checking the hardware, the internal of your Xiaomi/Redmi phone
- There are several things you can do within the well-known CIT menu of this manufacturer