Instagram is one of the most popular social networks right now.It has millions of users. In it we can expose our day to day, both in publications and in stories, but if you want to have more privacy, and be more selective with the people who know about your life, there is the option to hide your story in this Instagram network.
Actually, this platform has many functions, related to privacy. We frequently make use of it, and we are unaware that thanks to these useful functions we can reduce our social exposure, an action considered as an advantage for many users. Today we show you how to achieve this, and other options that will attract your attention.
How can you hide an Instagram story?
- To complete this useful Instagram feature, you can go to your profile and Enter the Settings option.
- Here go to privacy. In this way you will see another option that says Hide history and live videos.
- From there, select who should not see your stories.
- Of coursethis is an option for people who follow you. In case you want to hide it from someone who is not a follower, you can use another way.
What other way is there?
You can also do it directly through the profile of the user you want to block from seeing your stories. All you need to do to achieve this successfully is:
- Open the app Instagram and go to the search engine.
- In the search field, enter the name of the person you are interested in.
- Once you have accessed that account, you must click on the three dots icon, located in the upper right corner.
- A menu will appear with this operation, you must select the hide option your history.
- The selected user will no longer be able to see the content of your storiesbe it photos, videos or live broadcasts.
What should you do if you want to reverse this operation?
If you regret and want to undo some of the people you have blacklisted, just follow the steps againto grant access to the people you want to feature your stories to.
- Thus, in the case of the first procedure, just access the list you have in the Hide history option, and uncheck the boxes of the people you are interested in. Then remember to touch the back arrow to apply the changes.
- If you prefer to do it directly with the account. Simply enter the profile you are interested in, tap the three-dot icon at the top right, and in the menu that appears, select the option Show your story. That person will then enjoy the content in story format that you upload to the platform.
Can people know that you muted them?
The way Instagram uses to mute other users’ stories is quite secretive. That is to say that none of your contacts will receive notifications or anything like that, letting them know that they can no longer see your stories. Of course, you need to take into account some nuances.
If you block stories from a contact who is a professional stalker, It won’t take long for him to figure out if your account isn’t set to private, and even with an account that has these privacy settings, things are still easy to uncover the mystery.
Because if someone is very nosy and suspects that you have blocked their story, checking is relatively easy. Just follow you with a second fake account, a friend’s profile or a suspicious look at another acquaintance’s phone, to know that, indeed, that user can see your stories and he can’t.
What are Best Friends on Instagram?
Nowadays, One of the most common ways to hide stories on Instagram is the Best Friends feature. In essence, we will form a group of people belonging to our closest environment. These people we trust and know, who can see more intimate stories without spreading them.
To use the Best Friends feature, do the following:
- Access the Instagram applicationonce here you must click on your profile, where you can see your photo, in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Now go to the menu of three horizontal parallel lines, and choose Best Friends.
- Add trusted users and complete the process clicking Finish.
- Now you can enable the option Only my Best friendswhen creating a story.
- Thus, only your trusted circle will be able to see certain storiesthey will be marked with a green circle.
If a stalker follows you, they won’t know you’ve posted something, unless you add him to your best friends list. As a recommendation, we suggest that you only include people close to you in this group.
How can you hide an Instagram story from someone else?
Luckily, this popular social network offers the possibility of silencing user posts and stories, without having to unfollow them. We can activate it as long as we want on Instagram, without the other users finding out. We can rest easy knowing that Instagram does not provide such information.
These other accounts can still communicate with us by sending messages and viewing our photos when they visit our account. You can even view stories and posts regularly. The mute option prevents you from missing out on the posts that matter most to you, due to the large number of stories and other posts these people upload. The best thing is that they do not know that we have implemented this functionality.
What steps should you follow to mute any user on Instagram?
If what we want is to silence on Instagram the stories published by any of the profiles that we follow on the social network, we can do it as follows:
- To start you need to open the application of this social network on your mobile phone.
- Then Access one of this person’s stories, in case you have any posted.
- followed by you must touch the three dots buttonwhich appears next to the story.
- Then you will have two optionsone is Report and the other Silenceyou should choose the latter.
- This way You will not get any more stories from this account.
We hope that the information presented in this article, It has been useful for you to know everything related to how to hide a story on Instagram, and other attractive options that this social network offers us. If you think we should include any other information of interest, let us know in the comments. We read you.
If this article was interesting for you, we recommend the following:
How to synchronize your Instagram account with other social networks on your Android mobile