He system UI configurator allows you to configure the status bar icons on Android, thus increasing the personalization and decision-making capacity of users of the operating system. Today we teach you how to improve it, which is something you can do at any time.
This step will help us greatly in previous mobile phones and also in new ones, in case you need to know how to take advantage of this function. Android’s internal settings go a long way, to that we have to add that if you install the application (see point 2, you can install it on your terminal without problems).
What is System UI Configurator?
He System UI Configurator is a hidden Android menu that basically allows you to modify what elements are displayed in the Android status bar. In this way, for example, you can show the seconds on the clock, or hide it completely if you want. If the battery percentage does not appear, a good option is to use this menu to display it.
How active? Pull down the quick settings panel from your status bar. Above you will find your user photo, a button to edit quick settings and a gear which takes you to the system settings. Press and hold your finger on this icon until a message appears that you have activated the new menu. You’ll be able to see right away if you’ve done it right because a wrench will now appear next to the gear. From now on you will be able to enter the menu in the category of System.
How to improve the Android system UI configurator
How can this menu be improved then? How can it be made simpler? The answer to both questions is SystemUI Tuner, an application from the Play Store. Works on devices with Android 6.0 Marshmallow or higher, except for mobile phones with MIUI or TouchWiz 6.0. Therefore, Xiaomi and some Samsung phones are left out. It is an experimental app, although it should not cause problems.
You don’t need root, but you do need some ADB commands. So the first thing will be to install ADB and then connect your mobile to the computer with the USB debugging enabled. Install SystemUITuner on your mobile from the link at the end of the article and then enter these commands from your PC:
adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS
adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.DUMP
Once you have done that, you will have given it the necessary permissions to alter what it needs to alter. And what will you be able to do with it?
- Control which icons appear in the status bar.
- Activate Demo mode.
- Determine the importance of notifications in Nougat.
- Activate some hidden Android functions.
- Activate immersive mode.
- Change Quick Settings options.
- Customize the speed of animations.
And some more that they don’t mention. The best thing you can do is experiment with it for yourself, discovering what works best in your day-to-day experience to adapt. Android totally up to you.
Customize quick settings
Customization of Android 6.0 versions could be done thanks to this UI, with which to make numerous changes that will be of great value to us in this sense. It is recommended that you do it exactly to the letter and that you can modify several things that are vital in our system.
Changes are always positive, especially if you have things that can be improved in the short term, many see it for what it is, a point to consider. The internal configuration of Android is something we have been talking about over time, it is important to mention that this is a point that you should know before getting into the matter.
If you want to customize quick settings, do the following on your device:
- Start the device and unlock it with the password (four digits, pattern or another way)
- Pull down the quick settings, pull from top to bottom and you will see all the available ones, do this from the full right towards the middle of the screen
- You will see a pencil in one of the corners, click on it and it will let you edit anything you want to remove or add, try to make this as comfortable as possible for you
- After this, you have to put those things that interest you, try to maintain the same base, leaving the first icons the same as before and putting the ones you use the most after from left to right
Modify parameters in Android Marshmallow
It is valuable, especially if you want configure some things in the Marshmallow version of Android, in it you almost have the power to configure several things. Despite being a version prior to the current one (Android 13), you have many things that you can tweak and take advantage of.
You will have this configuration whenever you have installed the application, which is available in the Play Store, and it will also open other fields that are considered important. It is not new that the UI configuration is 100% modifiablebeing able to do great things from our terminal.
If you want to open UI settingsdo the following on your phone:
- Unlock your phone and go to quick settingsto do this, scroll down the screen from top to bottom and you will see them (do this from the right)
- Press and hold the settings button at the top and wait for it to turn completely, this will activate the UI automatically
- The message that will appear will tell you “Congratulations, the System UI Configurator menu has been added to the settings.”
- Now if you click on it you will have a large number of settings, which can be used to do many things on your phone
After this you will have the UI always available, which is what interests us in this case, on the other hand it remains to confirm that this is one of the things you can do whenever you want. The configuration is essential, important especially if you want to reach more options in the Android system.