Would you like to try the latest version of Apple’s operating system, iOS 16.4, before the release of the public version? We already said it: except for surprises, in two or three weeks we will already have iOS 16.4 among us. But if you are not one of those who are satisfied with waiting and you would like to analyze all the news before anyone else, here is a very quick explanation so that you can enjoy the betas in the safest way.
Its installation is official and in exchange you will be able to check new features such as support for Safari push notifications, the new emojis and a handful of features related to the Books app or many new possibilities with ‘Shortcuts’.
How to install iOS 16.4 right now
If you’ve read the odd complaint on the internet, it’s important to remember that iOS public betas don’t usually report serious problems to the system. However, it is known that sometimes they result in somewhat erratic behaviors, such as freezing and a certain drain on the battery that results in less autonomy. Not in vain we are talking about a beta version and not finalwhich still needs a few tweaks to be fully debugged and monitored for general deployment.
In summary, before completing the steps below, it is advisable to briefly make a backup, either saving all system data to iCloud, or to a local copy, through iTunes on a Mac. You can even save the data to another iPhone and then make a dump, if you have this option.
That said, now yes, let’s go with the step by step so that you can have iOS 16.4 right now installed on your iPhone:
- Within the iPhone on which you want to install iOS 16.4, enter this link.
- Scroll to the section where it says ‘Check in‘ either ‘sign up‘.
- Register in the Beta Program from Apple with your Apple ID and email linked to the service.
- Now tap on the tab ‘iOS‘. It is the first of all, since the others refer to the beta program for other devices.
- Tap on Enroll your iOS device (or ‘enroll’).
- We’re almost there. tap on the ‘Download Profile’ button, which means you will download a small package of signed data. Right after that you will be redirected to the necessary settings.
- Install the newly downloaded file by tapping on it.
- Now reboot the device. You will only have to wait a few seconds and as soon as you turn on the device you will know that it has been successfully associated.
- Now, with your iPhone on, unlock it and follow the path of ‘Settings’ > ‘General‘ to check which version of iOS you have installed.
- Now you just have to go to the ‘Software update’ section and search for updates. In just a few seconds you will see that there is a new version to download.
- tap on ‘Discharge’ this new update. As usual, a progress bar will indicate that it is downloading. Once finished, it will tell you that you can install it. If this is not the case, it is because your iPhone has less than 50% battery and you will have to put it to charge.
- Once confirmed, your iPhone will turn off, the Apple logo will appear with the black screen background and the package will start to install.
- When the system restarts, you will be able to verify that iOS 16.4 is installed correctly. Enjoy it.
In Applesphere | iOS 16: main features, how to download it and compatible models