With these tricks you won’t have to wait too long to enjoy the best videos available on the platform.
YouTube is the number one online video website worldwide. Here you can find practically everything, from the latest song from your favorite artist, through news, educational videos, to the most fabulous tutorials, and much more. But sometimes YouTube can run slower than normal, causing videos to take a long time to load and hampering the playback experience.
This can happen for several reasons, one of the main ones being the speed of your internet connection. Fortunately, there are some tricks to make your YouTube videos load in full, and in this article we will tell you how to do it.
Try modifying the video URL manually
This is an option that can help you reduce clip loading time that you want to see on the platform. You can modify the URL of each video and make it load in full screen flash player which also supports full buffering. Of course, you must have a browser that supports this plugin, although Chrome and its main alternatives do support it.
To change the URL of the video, you will only have to modify the address of the video, as follows:
- Source URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=(ID). In this case, ID represents the unique identifier of the video found at the end of each URL.
- edited url: https://www.youtube.com/v/(ID)?version=2
Once you modify the video URL, the video will play full screen and buffer until the end. The bad part of all this is that You will not be able to see comments or the description of the video. Also, to make the process easier, you can save the “edited URL” in a safe place and then apply it by pasting it into a browser window and replacing the “ID” with the actual ID of the video you want to buffer.
You can also use third party extension
Google Chrome has a wide catalog of extensions that you should know about, among which is SmartVideo For YouTube. This tool will give you full control over YouTube’s video buffering system and you can use it to load clips completely before playing them. These are the steps you will have to follow to start using it:
- Download and install the extension and you will be immediately redirected to a page where you can see its functions.
- Here, click on the button Preferences.
- Do click in the link Set global preferences now to access preferences.
- In the preferences section, enable the option Make sure videos are buffered even when paused.
If you are using Firefox, disable DASH
YouTube uses the DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) feature built into the browser to prevent videos from buffering. Fortunately, Firefox has a hidden option that allows you to disable DASH for YouTube videos to load fully. And this is how you can do it:
- Opens MozillaFirefox on your computer.
- Scribe about:config in the Firefox address bar and press enter.
- When you see the pop-up message that you will see appear, click the button I accept the risk!
- Now, in the top search bar, type media.mediasource.enabled.
- Then double click on this option and set it as Fake.
This will disable DASH in Firefox and videos from YouTube (or any HTML player) will be buffered to completion. Nevertheless, we don’t recommend keeping DASH disabled all the time, as it is also used for many other streaming purposes.
Related topics: Applications
We are on Google News!