Update: We have updated all the steps so that you already have all the options that include trying to recover a Hotmail account. You will be able to understand everything much easier now.
Oddly enough, there was life before Google, and before Gmail. At that time, what was fashionable was hotmail mailand almost everyone had an account.
Perhaps you have remembered that you have a Hotmail account with information that you want to recover, or someone is going to send you mail to said account. The problem is that Hotmail, as such, no longer exists. But you still have a couple of aces up your sleeve to recover an old hotmail account
In 1997 Microsoft bought Hotmail. Although it can still be used, the Redmond company prefers that we use Outlook accounts. But Hotmail is still fully operational: you can create new accounts and access existing ones.
How to recover an old Hotmail account
As we have said, Hotmail is officially no longer independent, it has now been integrated into Outlookso to enter your hotmail account you must do it through Microsoft.
Enter the previous link and log in with your hot mail account:
If you can’t log in, think back and calculate how long it’s been since you used the account. According to the Microsoft service contract, if more than a year has passed without using it, the account is deleted, including all its contents (messages, photos, links, etc.).
If you hotmail account has been inactive for more than 365 days, you will not be able to do anything to recover what was there. Now, if for some reason you are waiting for an email to said account that has not yet been sent to you, or you simply want to activate it again, you can do so.
You just have to do the following:
- You go to the page https://login.live.com/
- if you know the account and passwordit’s as easy as putting them when it asks you about them.
- If, on the contrary, you know the name of the account, but we have forgotten the password, then it is different, since, once entered, you will go to a page where you must click on Forgot password?
From there we will have various methods to recover passworddepending on how you set it up at the time.
The methods that should be to recover the password are by a linked email, a code to the mobile phone or a trusted team.
The steps you must follow in each case are the following.
Code to mobile phone
- Choose Send a code to my phone for later enter Send code. In a few you will reach the smartphone.
- When you have received it, write it in the field write the code and then tap on Send.
- Follow the instructions on the screen for the new password.
Email with a reset link
- At the moment you select this option, you will see that certain information about the alternate account that you had chosen
- now you must open alternate account and follow the steps indicated.
- Click on Use my trusted teamand then do the same in Following.
- You write the new password in the two fields that are now launched and then in Next.
It only remains to be able to contact him customer support and try to get them to solve the problem to enter.
It is easy to contact them. You have to perform these steps:
- Click on one of the options above (mobile, device or link) and then on I can’t use any of these options.
- Enter the email of the Hotmail account that you want to reset its password, but you also have to put an alternate email address so that the specialized technical support team can contact you.
- Then click on Following.
- A form will open, which you must complete and then click on. Send.
- We will receive a confirmation that your form was submitted correctly, as well as the PIN which will be the protocol number of the request.
In theory, Microsoft technical support will respond within a maximum period of 24 to 36 hours. So we can’t do anything until then.
Recover an old Hotmail account It’s simple, as you just read, but it will depend on how long you haven’t used it and how much personal data you can remember.