Have you deleted a Word document by mistake? Here we show you how to restore it simply and quickly.
Were you working on a Word document and the app quit unexpectedly, or did you delete the file you had saved on your computer? Let us tell you that all is not lostbecause there are different methods that you can carry out to recover those Word documents that were deleted by mistake.
In the latest versions of Wordthose that went on the market from 2010 onwards, have a function that automatically saves all data of a document every 10 minutes (a kind of backup).
This function is activated by default, so it is not necessary to follow any tutorial for it to work correctly on our computer. Of course, you must have some technical knowledge to be able to find those Word documents that were stored on our PC for this tool.
Likewise, in the event that said characteristic of “auto save” fail, Other methods can be done to recover Word files deleted by mistake. If you are interested in knowing this information in detail, all you have to do is continue reading our article.
Recovering Word files that have been deleted by mistake is possible
Before we show you all the methods that exist to recover a Word file that was deleted, it is important to clarify that they only work in recent versions of Word (2010 onwards).
If you have installed a version prior to the one mentioned in the paragraph above, we advise you to use a program to recover deleted files. The same They tend to be very effective when restoring documents of this style.
Restore a backup of a Word document
If you were editing a document in Word and the app stopped respondingor your computer restarted automatically, you will have to carry out all the steps that we leave you below to be able to recover it:
- Open the Word app and click on “Blank document” (do not open the program from a document that you have stored on your PC).
- Hit the tab that says “Archive” (it is located at the top left of the program).
- Click on the option that says “Recover unsaved documents”.
- Select the Word file you want to restore (If you have many saves in that folder, we recommend opening them one at a time.)
- Word will restore the file that hasn’t been saved to your PC. Remember to hit the button “Save as” to make that document visible in the folder where you store your Word files.
Recover a deleted Word document
In case you, a friend or a co-worker have deleted a Word file by mistake, and on top of that the recycle bin in which the said file was located was emptied, Don’t worry! Well Microsoft’s operating system,Windows,DIt has a function that allows you to restore previous versions from any folder.
In order to use this tool correctly, we advise you to follow all these steps:
- Make a right click on the folder where the Word file was saved.
- A menu will be displayed with several options, click on the one that says “More options” to access the advanced settings section.
- Therefore, you will have to click on “Restore previous versions”.
- And, as the last step, you will have to restore a previous version to be able to recover the Word document which was removed.
It is important to clarify that for this Word trick to work, restore points must be created in Windows. Although they are usually generated automatically every week, there are times when the restore point failed to recognize the Word file that was deleted.
Faced with these scenarios, it is best to use a program to recover files, since this type of application analyzes the internal disk of a PC completely, and allows you to recover any type of file that has been deleted (documents of this style are much easier to restore with these kinds of programs.