Do you want to know how to share your iPhone or iPad screen to TV? Here we are going to tell you how it is done. With a fairly simple procedure you can make anyone in a room see what’s happening on your mobile screenand you will be in control of everything.
This is a bit different than sharing content from your iPhone or iPad to Chromecast. With this option, the only thing that is shared is the content that is being streamed on your device, such as Netflix or YouTube. Instead, with these steps you can duplicate everything that happens on your screenso you can even see the home screen.
To do this, we will show you two methods, so feel free to use the one that suits you best. With the first, we will teach you how to share your iPhone or iPad screen to your TV with AirPlay. The second method, on the other hand, is aimed at duplicating it using an HDMI cable compatible with your device.
The first method is quite simple and straightforward, so there is no loss. We will use AirPlay technology that is included in the latest apple devices; and even today we can find it on some Smart TVs.
How to know if your Smart TV has AirPlay? It is very simple. Apple has provided a specific website for it, and you just have to enter and check if your model appears in the list. With AirPlay 2 you won’t need any external device to start sharing your screen.
In case your TV does not have AirPlay included, always you can use the one that comes with the apple tv. This device, of course, will also allow us to see the screen of our iPhone or iPad directly on the television, and serves as a good substitute when its capabilities are limited.
If you have an AirPlay-enabled Mac, you can also you can cast your iPhone or iPad screen using your computer as a bridge. The procedure in all three cases is exactly the same. Of course, if you have an Apple TV or Mac, you’ll need to connect it to your TV first.
Mirror iPhone or iPad screen with AirPlay
- Connect your iPhone or iPad device to the same Wi-Fi network that your Mac, Smart TV, or Apple TV is connected to.
- When everything is ready, open the Control center of your iPhone or iPad. If you have an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen. If you have an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Here, tap on the icon mirror screen which will appear as two overlapping rectangles.
- In the list of devices you should be able to see your AirPlay 2 compatible Apple TV, Mac or smart TV.
- Of course, tap on it to match.
- A code may appear on your TV or Mac screen. If you see one, enter it on your iPhone and iPad as it appears.
Ready. Now, your iPhone or iPad screen should start sharing with your TV. If you want to stop duplicating it, just open the Control center again and tap on stop duplicating. If you have an Apple TV, you can do this by directly tapping the Menu button on the Apple TV Remote.
The second option, and the most compatible with TV models that do not have AirPlay 2. To do this, all you have to do is get a lightning multiport adapter with HDMI. In case you have an iPad with a USB-C port, you will have to find an adapter for this connection.
Fortunately, on Amazon and even on the Apple website we find some proposals that work quite well. Thus, just plug the adapter into your iPhone or iPad; and then share your screen using the HDMI cable between your TV and said adapter.