If you just bought a new iPhone device, you are probably wondering what can you do to avoid losing the information of the previous. After all, over the years we can store a good number of photos and videos of all kinds that have a certain sentimental value. Do you want to learn how to transfer photos from your old iPhone to a new one? Well here we tell you how, and the steps are quite simple.
The guide will be divided into three different methods. That way, if one doesn’t work for you or isn’t convenient for you, you can always skip to the next. However, they are all pretty straightforward, and with a few taps on both devices you should have everything set up.
Of course, although the guide is to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone; also works between iPhone and iPad, or vice versa. Just make sure you have your device updated to the latest version available so you don’t run into any issues down the road.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone
The first of the methods that we will use will be the AirDrop method. Is about the simplest and most elegant way to manually transfer our photos from one iPhone to another. To use this transfer technology, you just have to do the following.
- Open the Control center of your iPhone by swiping from the upper right corner (in case of having an iPhone with classic design, it will be swiping from the bottom to the top).
- Here, press and hold on the connection square in the top left corner.
- The window will expand. Long press where it says air drop.
- Choose Everyone either Only contacts.
- Now make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on.
The first part is ready. Now, we have everything ready for start transferring our images from one iPhone to another with simple steps.
- Enter the app Photos.
- Here, select all the images that you want to transfer from one iPhone to another iPhone.
- Tap on the share icon.
- Here, tap on air drop.
- You should see a collection of devices that are in range of the iPhone’s signal. Of course, select your new terminal.
- Now you just have to accept the transfer on the receiving device and wait for the images to finish streaming.
Transfer photos from one iPhone to another with iCloud
This is the easiest option of all. Natively, your Photos library will sync across all Apple devices that use the same Apple ID. Nevertheless, you must have enough space in iCloud to make sure the backup completed successfully. Otherwise, the images will not finish uploading, nor will the existing ones be synchronized on the new devices.
First, iCloud offers just 5 GB of free cloud storage. This, of course, is quite little for a person who has spent years collecting photos and videos on the same device. For this, you will have to hire an iCloud plan that allows you to store all your photos in the cloud.
If you already have the new plan, or do not need more than 5 GB to secure all your images, follow the steps:
- open the app Setting of your old iPhone.
- Tap on your name located at the top.
- Here, go to iCloudand subsequently to Photos.
- Make sure you have the option activated iCloud Photos.
Now, go to your new device and sign in with the same Apple ID. This process usually it is done when you start the device for the first timeso we’ll assume you have it ready.
- Follow the same steps mentioned above and make sure that iCloud Photos be active here too.
- The photos should automatically start syncing to your new iPhone without you having to touch anything else.
Transfer your photos with an iTunes backup
However, unlike the previous ones, with this last procedure you are not only going to transfer the photos from your previous iPhone, but also all other information. Why? Well, because we will use the iTunes backup function, and we cannot choose what we want to save and what not.
If you still want to continue with the steps, just do the following:
- Opens iTunes on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Connect your old iPhone to your PC.
- Once it appears, tap on the iPhone icon located on the top bar of the screen.
- In the section Resume there are all the options you will need.
- In section BackupChoose This computer.
- Now click on backup now.
- This process could take several minutes, so don’t unplug your device while it completes.
Once the backup is complete, you can now disconnect the mobile and start to restore the backup to your new iPhone to have all your photos and videos available.
- Find your new iPhone and connect it to the computer.
- When it is recognized by the computer, tap on restore backup.
- Once the process is finished, you will be able to view all your photos, videos and other data on your new iPhone properly.