Finding specific moments in any YouTube video has never been easier, and here’s how to do it.
If you are a fan of YouTube, you probably already know how to download a part of your favorite video, however, you should also know how difficult it can be. find a specific scene in a clip using the progress bar of the platform, so it is likely that you will have to use some trick to make things easier.
To make this easier, YouTube has a precise search function that will help you find just what you want in any video. And today we will tell you how you can use this feature to make the most of your time on the platform.
What is precise YouTube search?
Precise search is a YouTube feature that allows you to go to specific moments of a video, which can help you, for example, to download a part of your favorite song. The name of the feature gives it all away right from the start, because instead of having to scroll through the video progress bar, which is difficult if you want to jump to a particular moment with high precision, this feature provides a view Preview all moments in the clip in an easy-to-navigate strip of thumbnails.
This strip allows you move from one frame to the next, second by second, so you can find that favorite moment easily. And when you do, you can zoom in on the screen if you want to take a closer look at everything to be sure of what you’re looking for.
How to use precise YouTube search on your mobile
The fine search function is available in both the YouTube app for Android and iOS. To use it, simply follow these steps:
- Opens the YouTube app on your mobile and play any video.
- Tap on the screen to reveal video controls, including the progress bar.
- Then, tap the slider (red button) on the progress bar and slide it up. This will reveal a strip of thumbnails that show all the moments of the video.
- Now, use the vertical white line on the strip as a guide and scroll to the right or left to find the moment of the video that interests you.
- Finally, click anywhere in the player to resume the video from the selected moment.
- If you want to cancel a search, tap the cancel button in the top right, and the clip will continue playing where it was previously.
How to use YouTube’s precise search from your computer
You may not be on your mobile device all the time, so if you prefer to use YouTube from a browser you can also enjoy this feature by following these steps:
- Go to the official YouTube site and play a video.
- Then move the cursor over the video player to display control options. You may have to click on the player to see the controls.
- Now move your cursor to the progress bar where the debugger is and slide it up to reveal a strip of thumbnails
- Slide the mouse to the right or left to search for the scene of your choice using the vertical white line in the center of the stripe as a guide.
- Once you find that part of the video that interests you, click anywhere in the player to resume the clip from that point.
As you can see, this feature works similarly to both mobile devices and computers, and without any limitations. It doesn’t matter if you have YouTube Premium or are browsing YouTube anonymously.