The truth is that on some occasion it would have been good for all of us to be able to record the computer screen to explain something to a friend or family member and thus have a visual example, something that always helps a lot, especially if the operating system is Windows 11 .
Surely you already know that pressing Windows + G and open the Xbox Game Baryou will be able to record the screen, including audio too if you want, although it is somewhat limited because this tool must consider that we are in a medium that is compatible.
Apart from this part of Windows, until now the other solution was to install a third party application that would allow us to carry out the task of recording, but unfortunately, and as is normal, the best ones are paid.
Well, now we have another way at our disposal, since now the Snipping tool Windows 11 can record our screen. We tell you more below.
How to keep the Snipping tool updated
The update that allows the Windows 11 snipping tool to bring the ability to record your screen is currently only available to those users who are Insiders from Microsoft.
But don’t worry, because there is a way by which we will be able to update it if we are not part of that group.
What you must be clear about is that this tool is exclusive to windows 11so if you have Windows 10, unfortunately you will not be able to use it, nor does it seem that Microsoft intends to incorporate it into the previous version of the operating system.
From knowing this, the steps that we must carry out are the following:
- In the first menu dropdown select ProductId.
- In the search box, we enter the code 9MZ95KL8MR0L
- Now, in the drop-down menu on the right, you have to select Fast and press the button that is right next to it.
- We will see a lot of files, from which we must select Microsoft.ScreenSketch_2022.2211.35.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.Msixbundle (if it does not appear, reload the page and put the previous data again until it comes out)
- We click on the file and we will see how it will be downloaded. If we click on it and the web does nothing, we right-click, select, copy the link address and open it in another tab of your browser.
- Now we just have to run said file.
- Next, we give Update to have the Snipping tool in its latest version.
- There is no need to restart, so once updated, we can use it.
How to record screen with Snipping
Once we have the updated tool, it is the moment in which we will be able to take advantage of its ability to record the screen.
To achieve this, all we have to do is the following:
- Go to the start menu and type cuts and click on the option that appears called Snipping Tool.
- It’s time to click on the video camera icon that appears at the top of the tool, right next to the previous one that we had for a camera.
- Now all that remains is to click on + New.
- Then he asks us to let’s select the area that we want to record, which we are going to do with the mouse, being able to choose the full screen or just a part.
- To record, click on the Home circular button that we see above, a countdown of three seconds will appear and then it will start recording.
- You can cancel the video at any time by pressing on the trash can icon.
- If we want to stop the video we must click on the Red button next to the timer.
The moment we stop the video, the tool will show us what we have recorded. If we like it, we hit the button Keep (icon of a diskette in the upper right).
We can also copy and paste it into any other application if we press the icon Copy (right next to Save). The third button we have is for Share the video, as far as we remember, is recorded in MP4 format.
Now you know how to make the Snipping tool work for you to record the screen of your Windows 11 computer. Yet another way that can come in really handy.