tech news desk,Use Google Chrome to visit any website. This browser is available for free for both smartphone and PC users. Through this we also visit different websites and login. Many times users forget to logout after logging in. Not only this, there is also an option to save the password. If the smartphone or laptop accidentally falls into someone else’s hands, the password can be stolen. To avoid this, secure it by setting a password in Google Chrome browser. Let us know the process of applying fingerprint in it.
Enable lock before setting autofill
People pay very little attention to securing passwords on personal devices. After logging in to any website, when the autofill notification comes, they click OK without thinking anything. Many times this mistake is made even in a hurry. Even if you can log in without entering the password again, it is not completely secure. Don’t forget to enable Google Chrome lock before turning on the Autofill setting.
Steps to set up fingerprint lock in Google Chrome
1. Open the app on the smartphone or laptop device that uses Google Chrome.
2. If a tab is already open, close it and refresh Chrome.
3. Now open a new tab and type Chrome://flags in the search bar.
4. Here you will get to see many hidden features of the app. Click on Biometric in this.
5. After this, click on Default and select the Enable option.
6. Now choose either Pattern, PIN or Password.
7. Then tap on the fingerprint to lock it.
This is why fingerprint is necessary in Chrome
If you do not have a personal laptop and all personal work is done in the company itself, then this fingerprint is necessary. Apart from this, if someone at home or a knowledgeable person also uses the same device, then this feature may be required.