We thoroughly compare the iPhone 11 Pro with the iPhone 14 Pro so that you can assess whether you should upgrade to the new model or it is not worth it.
Three years separate these two iPhone models and, therefore, we find many differences in the comparison between iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro. The iPhone 11 Pro arrived in September 2019 and the iPhone 14 Pro in September 2022, and we are going to review all the differences between the two models.
What are the differences between the iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro?
We have already seen that iPhone 14 Pro introduces many changes compared to iPhone 13 Pro, and there are also even more changes compared to iPhone 12 Pro. Therefore, we have many differences if we compare it with the iPhone 11 ProThese are the main ones:
- Dynamic Island: A new way to interact with iPhone.
- Promotion technology.
- Always-on screen.
- Bigger screen.
- More powerful and efficient A16 Bionic chip.
- Longer battery life.
- Satellite connection.
- Detection of traffic accidents.
- New 48 megapixel main camera.
- 3x optical zoom.
- New TrueDepth front camera with autofocus.
- Cinema mode to record videos.
- Super stable action mode.
- Night Mode Portraits, Photo Styles, Macro Photography, and Apple ProRAW.
- 1TB storage option.
- Straight design instead of rounded.
- 5G connectivity.
- MagSafe technology.
- LiDAR scanner.
- Dual eSIM.
Comparison between iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro
|iPhone 14 Pro||iPhone 11 Pro|
|Dimensions||14.75 x 7.15 x 0.78cm||14.4 x 7.14 x 0.81cm|
|Screen||6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED||5.8-inch Super Retina XDR OLED|
|Resolution and density||2,556 x 1,179 pixels, 460 dpi||2,436 by 1,125 pixels, 458 dpi|
|display technologies||ProMotion (1-120Hz), Always-On Display, TrueTone, 2,000 nits||TrueTone, 800 nits (1,200 nits in HDR)|
|Processor||A16 Bionic||A13 Bionic|
|Operating system||iOS 16||iOS 16|
|Storage||128, 256, 512GB and 1TB||64, 256, 512GB|
|cameras||Triple camera (48+12+12 MP)||Triple camera (12+12+12 MP)|
|Front camera||12 MP with autofocus||12MP|
|Drums||23 hours of video playback||18 hours of video playback|
|Colors||Dark Purple, Gold, Silver and Space Black||Night Green, Gold, Silver and Space Gray|
|Others||Dynamic Island, Accident detection, satellite connection, Dual SIM, Dual eSIM, Face ID, IP68 water resistance 30 min at 6 meters, MagSafe, Ceramic Shield||Dual SIM, Face ID, IP68 water resistance 30 min at 4 meters|
The iPhone 11 generation has a design prior to the current iPhone 14, which instead of being rounded they have completely straight frames. Also, the iPhone 14 Pro is slightly bigger since it also includes a 0.3-inch panel more.
On the other hand, we have an important difference in the notch. In the iPhone 11 Pro we have the big notch of the first iPhone models and in the iPhone 14 Pro there is no notch, we have the Dynamic Island. Also, in the back, although we have a three-camera module in each one, the iPhone 14 Pro is much larger.
In the cameras is where we will find the most changes, since in each generation of iPhone we see many new features. In this case, the iPhone 14 Pro has improved a lot in all aspects, especially with its 48 megapixel main sensor. You will notice many changes if you trade one for another.
These are the specifications of the iPhone 14 Pro camera system.
- 48 Mpx main camera with Quad Pixel sensor: 24mm – 48mm (x2 telephoto), ƒ/1.78 aperture, 1.22µm single pixel, 2.44µm quad pixel.
- telephoto: 77mm, 3x optical zoom, ƒ/2.8 aperture, 6-element lens.
- ultra wide angle camera: 13mm, 120° field of view, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 6-element lens.
- Frontal camera TrueDepth with an aperture of ƒ/1.9 that allows you to take better photos and videos in low light. Debuts autofocus, focuses even faster in low light, and takes group shots from farther away.
And these are the specifications of the iPhone 11 Pro cameras:
- main chamber: 12-megapixel sensor, seven-element lens and ƒ/1.8 aperture.
- telephoto camera: 12-megapixel sensor, six-element lens, ƒ/2 aperture and for 2x zoom.
- ultra wide angle camera: 12-megapixel sensor, five-element optics, ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120º field of view.
- Frontal camera TrueDepth: 12-megapixel sensor with ƒ/2.2 aperture.
But beyond the specifications, the important thing is the new technologies that have been arriving over the years. These are all the news in the iPhone 14 Pro:
- New Action mode. It allows you to record incredibly stable videos.
- Enhanced True Tone Flash. 10% brighter and with a more uniform effect.
- Cinema mode. Now it allows recording in 4K at 30 f/s and in 4K at 24 f/s.
- Photographic Styles: Settings that raise or lower colors while maintaining the naturalness of skin tones.
- Photonic Engine: Improves the photographic performance of all cameras in environments with medium or low light: up to double in the ultra wide angle, double in the TrueDepth camera and 2.5 times more in the new main camera.
- Sensor-shift optical image stabilization.
- Time-lapse with Night mode.
- Night mode portraits, Photo Styles, Macro photography and Apple ProRAW.
In the screen we also notice differencesthe screen of the iPhone 14 Pro is the best on the market, so we clearly find differences with that of the iPhone 11 Pro, which is already 3 years old.
One of the most important changes is the size, the iPhone 11 Pro has a 5.8-inch screen and the iPhone 14 Pro has a 6.1-inch screen, a noticeable increase. And although in terms of resolution there are no big differences, we do notice improvements in its operation.
The first thing we will notice is the technology Promotionwhich premiered on the iPhone 13 Pro and is not available on the iPhone 11 Pro. This technology allows a variation in the refresh rate to reach up to 120hz and lower, in the case of the iPhone 14 Pro, to just 1 Hz. In the iPhone 11 Pro we have a panel with a fixed refresh rate of 60 Hz.
ProMotion offers us a greater fluidity on the screen, while allowing us to save battery in many situations. And, in addition, it allows to have the function of screen always on on iPhone 14 Pro for the first time.
In addition to all this, the iPhone 14 Pro has a much brighter screen that can reach the 2,000 nits peak brightness outdoors, up to 1,600 nits peak brightness when viewing HDR content. The iPhone 11 Pro stays at 800 nits of maximum brightness, which increases to 1,200 when viewing HDR content.
The iPhone 14 Pro debuts the A16 Bionic chip, a more powerful and efficient evolution. There are three generations of difference and it is something that is clearly noticeable. Although you probably won’t notice too many differences when moving the system, they will be noticeable with powerful apps and games.
These are the specifications of both processors:
- Chip A16 Bionic
- 6-core CPU (2 for performance and 4 for efficiency)
- 5-core GPU with 50% more memory bandwidth
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 16 billion transistors
- Geekbench score: 1887 and 5455.
- Chip A13 Bionic
- 6-core CPU (2 for performance and 4 for efficiency)
- 4 core GPU
- 8-core Neural Engine
- 8.5 billion transistors
- Geekbench score: 1322 and 3543.
iPhones now boast long battery life and the iPhone 14 Pro improve a lot in terms of autonomy if we compare it with the iPhone 11 Pro. These are the official data shared by Apple:
iPhone 14 Pro battery life
- video playback: up to 23 hours
- video streaming: up to 20 hours
- audio playback: up to 75 hours
iPhone 12 Pro battery life
- video playback: up to 18 hours
- video streaming: up to 11 hours
- audio playback: up to 65 hours
An important difference. All iPhone 14s have increased in price and the iPhone 14 Pro is 160 euros more expensive than the iPhone 11 Pro when it launched. This is the official starting price of each model, although over time prices tend to drop:
- Launch price iPhone 14 Pro: 1,319 euros.
- Launch price iPhone 12 Pro: 1,159 euros.
Is the iPhone 14 Pro worth it if you have the iPhone 11 Pro?
Of course, it is about a major change and you will notice many improvements if you change the iPhone 11 Pro to the iPhone 14 Pro. You will quickly notice how the screen is much better, the battery will last a few more hours and, in addition, you have much more powerful cameras with more functions.
Although it is true that the iPhone 11 Pro is still an interesting option, surely it will keep performing at the highest level and it is more than enough for many users.
This article suggests objective and independent products and services that may be of interest to readers. When the user makes a purchase through the specific links that appear in this news, iPadizate receives a commission. join up to the iPadizate bargain channel to find out about the best deals before anyone else.