The latest 3.0 update to Pixelmator Pro brings a whole new way to create reusable templates for your graphic projects. The new version comes with 200 design templates and mockups, and the built-in features allow users to create their own.
The colors used in a Pixelmator document are now centralized, under a new Document Colors button in the toolbar. Simply edit a shared color in this panel to change all references to that color in your project at once.
- When working with templates or mockups, experiment with alternate color palettes created specifically for each template to see which works best for your design.
- Pixelmator Pro automatically generates color palettes using colors from styles, shapes, text and effects elements in a particular design.
- Quickly recolor your composition by changing, adding, or removing colors from a palette.
- You can easily duplicate, copy and paste palettes between documents, or delete them.
The app now comes with 200 built-in templates in the new project browser, which take advantage of these capabilities. There are a wide variety of styles including poster templates, square and portrait formats shareable on social media, and screenshot mockups with Apple device frames for Mac, iPad, and iPhone, including the latest iPhone 14 pro. The bundled models are of very high quality and are grouped by brand.
- Find templates for a wide range of different formats, including posters, social media posts, resumes, and more.
- Use branding templates to effortlessly create an eye-catching visual identity for your personal brand or business.
- Quickly replace placeholder content using on-canvas controls and see how your custom images or text blend seamlessly into pre-made templates.
- Transform the look of a design in seconds using alternate shapes, effects, and artwork designed exclusively for each design.
- The redesigned Template Browser lets you easily browse template collections, view template previews, and perform searches.
- You can search for specific templates by name or enter keywords to view related templates.
- Use the new Preset Browser to more easily browse image size presets, manage preset collections, and change document orientation.
Creation of models
The template creation functions allow you to mark the content of a particular layer as replaceable, which adds a little plus button to replace one image with another with a single click. You can also define a predefined group of alternatives and Pixelmator will present the template user with a menu of options to choose from.
- Find 16 fully customizable mockups for devices like Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and print formats including posters, book covers, and more.
- Quickly adjust lighting or recolor objects in mockups to find the look that best suits your design.
- Replace placeholder images with designs saved in common image formats and multi-layered document formats, including PXD, PSD, and SVG.
Photoshop’s competitor editor also offers several clever new features:
- When you replace placeholder content that shouldn’t have a background, it’s automatically removed from your images.
- Automatically insert images with the most optimal placement and composition thanks to AutoFill.
- Pixelmator Pro upgrades low resolution images using the Super Resolution feature if it detects that their quality is too low.
Download Pixelator Pro
The new Pixelmator Pro models are available as part of a free update in the Mac App Store which is available today. For new customers, the price of Pixelmator Pro is €39.99. More information can be found on the developer’s site.
To download Pixelmator Pro at €39.99