Moe Kennedy, a young American woman who owns AirPods Pro, accidentally swallowed one of her headphones during her sleep. Fortunately for her, more fear than harm. After several hours spent in the emergency room, the device was able to be evacuated. She was surprised to note the resistance of the AirPod to stomach acid. For good reason, it was always in perfect working order.
Our colleagues from the Apple Insider site have just relayed a new story of improbable “ingestion”. Indeed, Moe Kennedy, a young American woman, found herself in an alarming situation whenshe accidentally swallowed one of her AirPods Pro while sleeping.
Around 3 a.m., Moe suddenly wakes up in a panic. Unsurprisingly, she began to mechanically look for her earpiece before realizing that she had probably swallowed it. It must be said that similar cases are legion. In February 2021, a father woke up with one of his AirPods Pro in his stomach. Same story in November 2021 with this young woman who accidentally ingested an Apple earphone after mistaking it for a medicine.
In panic, she tries in vain to evacuate it by making herself vomit. As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure, so Moe makes the right decision to go to the nearest emergency roomnamely at Covington Medical Center in Seattle.
Also read: AirPods – 7-year-old ends up in hospital after swallowing earphone
AirPods Pro visibly resist stomach acid well
When she arrives on site, she explains the grotesque situation to the medical profession. After taking a few x-rays, the doctors and the patient noted with amusement that the earpiece still worked perfectly despite its delicate location. However, scans confirmed that the AirPod Pro had lodged deep in Moe’s stomach. The medical team necessarily feared complications.
To avoid having to resort to more invasive surgery, she made the decision to perform an emergency endoscopy. Usually, this operation mainly makes it possible to obtain images of the interior of an organ or a cavity using a long cable equipped with sensors. However, in certain critical situations, it is possible to attach certain medical tools to the cable to take tissue samples or in this case, to remove an accidentally swallowed AirPod Pro.
“Overall, I would 100% recommend the AirPods Pro, but I would 1000% not recommend eating them. I’m glad I got out of it and laugh that I accidentally tested the AirPods Pro’s ability to withstand stomach acid, which turned out to be the case for at least 9 hours,” she told Apple Insider.
Source: Apple Insider