Telegram, the popular messaging app that competes head-to-head with WhatsApp, continues to innovate and improve its platform with each update. Now the version 9.5 that is coming to Android and iPhone mobilesintroduces several novelties, among which stands out the energy saving mode, a function that allows you to optimize the application to consume less battery and use your phone for longer.
We already know in advance that, in terms of functionality and features, Telegram is a much more advanced app than WhatsApp. Proof of this are the countless options that it hides inside and that increase progressively with the arrival of new updates. The last one brings a huge amount of changes.
Power saving for Telegram
Smart phones have their own power saving settings to limit the performance of the smartphone and other functions in order not to use up so much battery. Many applications integrate this property under the same premise, and now Telegram joins this group with its 9.5 software update.
This power saving feature allows users to configure specific options to disable effects that consume a lot of power, such as autoplaying videos and GIFs, sticker and emoji effects, and chat interface effects. Furthermore, it is also possible to limit background updates.
Power saving mode is especially useful for users of old or low-end devices, as it allows them to prolong battery life and improve application performance. But it can also be useful for any user who wants to reduce the energy consumption of their device and improve their user experience. This mode can be set to activate fully automatically based on a specific battery percentage.
More news for the app
However, these are not the only news that come to Telegram together with the energy saving mode. Next, we leave you a list with features which includes the new version 9.5 of the messaging application:
- Detailed playback speed: You can choose any speed between 0.2x and 2.5x for voice and video messages.
- Small group reading times: You can check when someone has read a message in groups with less than 100 members.
- Automatic sending of invitation links: Now, if a user is restricted from adding them to groups. This can be useful for inviting new users to groups without having to ask them to manually find and join.
- Dynamic order for sticker sets– Users can choose whether or not to display recently used sticker sets at the top of the panel.
- Translations for descriptions of the bots
- improved compatibility with folders on iOS
- New animated emojis– New animated emoji sets available (for free users and several exclusive to premium users)
- New interactive emojis and reactions
For download telegram update You just have to go to the Google Play Store or App Store to check if it is already available for your device. Its deployment has already begun on Android, while for iOS it may take a little longer.