Advantages and reasons why you need an ergonomic keyboard
Do you know what makes it different from this kind of keyboards? The types of advantages they offer over traditional models, the ones that everyone knows. The truth is that the advantages offered by ergonomic keyboards make them the best option to consider if you are going to use the computer for many hours or write too much. Mainly because this type of keyboard has a design that favors the most comfortable posture of both the hands like the wrists and arms. This prevents muscle fatigue after prolonged use.
When choosing an ergonomic model we can find different types to consider, but for us one of the most important elements is the wrist rest. That is why all the options that you will find in this compilation have this element. With this, muscle fatigue is discharged enough, managing to work for hours without noticing any discomfort.
The natural position of the hands that these keyboards have for those who use it, they avoid fatigue of the wrists, as well as of the fingers, which is one of the main habitual problems of continued use of the keyboard. And we tell you, we are editors! Likewise, it serves to avoid the effects of the famous carpal tunnel syndrome, by maintaining a natural and unforced position of the wrists, fingers and hands in general.
It is true that at first it may be difficult to get used to this type of keyboard, but once you try them you will not want to leave them. The comfort they offer makes them essential in work environments.
What you should keep in mind to buy an ergonomic keyboard
Before launching into the vast market of keyboards that we can enter, it is convenient to know a series of preliminary questions.
- The keyboard distribution. Is it in Spanish or another language? It is a fundamental preliminary question. If you are not used to typing on other keyboards that may have a slightly different layout, without having the Ñ, then do not opt for another model and make sure it has a Spanish layout.
- choose between those wireless or wired it is also a priority, and that will determine your comfort. If you have always been a cable, you have it easy. However, some wireless models may be limited. Also if you want to forget about batteries and have it always connected. And that’s another one of the main distinctions: batteries or battery? Some still have batteries, with the inconvenience and cost that each X time entails. We recommend the battery ones, much more comfortable and rechargeable.
- If your Connection is wireless, connectivity can be of two types: Bluetooth or radio frequency. Bluetooth has faster pairing, but it can be buggy, and you’ll need to have that connection on your computer in hardware form. In this sense, we recommend the radio frequency, through 2.4 GHz (this will be reflected in the sheet of each product). You simply have to connect a USB stick to your computer and pair it to the peripheral. It is reliable, fast and does not fail.
- Depending on the type of work or activity you do, value the inclusion of the alphanumeric keyboard. It should be something you opt for yes or yes in the event that you work with numbers on a daily basis. If not, you can do without it and save space and comfort.
- The design type with which it has, and we are not referring to the aesthetic, but to the physical distribution of it or curvature that it has. Mainly we find the keyboards separated into two blocks or divided, allowing your hands to be in the range of the width of your shoulders. On the other hand, we find those that have a protuberance or curvature in the central part of the keyboard,
- The media keys or function. Are you a person who is not limited to using the keyboard to write? Do you listen to music, do you usually pass songs or play content? Then you will miss that it has some kind of multifunction keys. It is an extra with which it is not too much to count. They will make your daily work easier, access commands, emails, etc.
- Price range in which those keyboards move. Are they usually cheap? We can assure you that fairly well, although it all depends on the model and the brand that we are paying for. Some do not reach 50 euros, while others reach 80, but, in any case, it is difficult for them to reach more than 100 euros.
Given the main issues, we believe it is time to take action. That is, to show you the best models on the market for sale! For this reason, we will make a distinction between the cheapest ergonomic keyboards, with their various types and variants, and those of a slightly higher quality, which will also be higher in price. Go for it!
The cheapest ergonomic keyboards: a simple solution
Next, we leave a list of ergonomic keyboards that do not involve too much outlay. In addition, all of them fulfill their mission: to give you comfort, and with little budget. Let’s see some of them:
Perixx Periduo-606: the best price
One of the most successful in this field is Perixx. It is one of the brands with ergonomic keyboard models best sellers in the entire market. And it is that its design is already striking at first sight: it is separated into two blocks. That monobloc design that separates the keys into two groups works for each hand: one for the left and one for the right. This prevents the wrist from bending outwards when typing.
Cherry KC 4500 Ergo: unrivaled
This one from Cherry is another of the best sellers in the entire Amazon catalog for a very low price: We are talking about less than 45 euros and guaranteed comfort. It is a curved keyboard, adapted to the movements of the hands and fingers to reduce fatigue. Includes a hand rest softly padded with memory foam and high quality PU leather.
Your connection is through 1.8 meter long cableY plug and play. Connect and enjoy all its advantages! Its distribution is Spanish and it has an alphanumeric keyboard on one side. The price? You can take it home for only 42 euros on Amazon.
Logitech MK710: a bundle
As you know, Logitech is one of the big names in the world of peripherals. The manufacturer has a catalog where you will find models of all kinds and, although we will see some others, this is one of the most basic. The MK710 It has excellent quality and the most simple but effective ergonomics.
The first thing you need to know: it uses a totally wireless connection through 2.4 GHz radio frequency via USB dongle. Uses batteries, with a autonomy of up to 3 years for that you don’t worry The keyboard has padded hand rest and concave keys to place your fingers comfortably without moving from one to another.
They are the famous Incurve keys that will guarantee you a brutal ergonomics. It is ultra-flat, small and useful. As if that were not enough, it comes in a pack with another mouse, also ergonomic. You can get the entire pack for approximately 60 euros.
LXM is another keyboard from ergonomic cut from the Microsoft range. It is simple and effective, with a design cut into two well-differentiated monoblocs. Avoid fatigue and injuries thanks to its improved design and support with pad, covered in a premium fabric that will absorb even sweat. It also has built-in smart shortcuts, emoji themes, and even access to Cortana.
A good design to last several years of work and infinite clicks. If you like cable, you’re in luck, because it’s totally cabled, with good precision and integrated numerical calculation. All for about 70 euros approximately!
Logitech K350: guaranteed success
And we return with a somewhat more premium model from Logitech. If you are looking for something whose shape is not as prominent as the ones we have seen so far and keeps the design simple but ergonomic at the same time. This K350 is perfect for those people used to an English keyboard, because it has such a distribution (also in German and French). In case you want a Spanish one, you can easily adapt it in the configuration of your PC.
Its design has a longest headrest, with ergonomic keys and a slightly curved frame. It has 17 fully programmable keys, to do what you need: check email, control music, connect to the Internet… It works by batteries and a battery of up to 3 years, it is connected by radio frequency.
The price of this Logitech is about 70 euros approximately through the following link on Amazon.
Top-of-the-range ergonomic keyboards
We could not let go of all those keyboards that are a higher level than the first. They have better materials, finishes, keys, extra functions… If what you are looking for is excellencein this sense, we have the ones that suit you best:
Microsoft Sculpt: of the best ergonomic keyboards
The Sculpt is one of the most premium of all, and also one of the rarest. Surely the photograph that we attach below catches your attention, in which you can see the particularities of this strange model. And believe us when we say that it is the most comfortable you can find! With Blue Track Technology you can put it on any surface and use it comfortably.
Includes padded palm rest and a natural arch that mimics the curve of the fingertips. It has two well-differentiated blocks, which will help you to always keep your hands within shoulder range and rest them. There is no separate alphanumeric keyboard, which can be a drawback!
The usual price of this keyboard is usually in the 130 eurosabout.
Logitech Ergo K860: quality design
As we told you, Logitech also has other top-of-the-range models. And this is one of them: the Logitech ERGO K860 it is one of the best ergonomic keyboards, if not the best, that you can buy to work more pleasantly.
Why does this keyboard in question stand out? Mainly for his curved and split key structure It allows you to write naturally and with a posture that will prevent muscle fatigue. To this we must add a padded and curved wrist rest to offer optimal support to your wrists. Isn’t that enough for you? That you know that the keys have a concave design so that they adapt perfectly to the tips of your fingers. It will seem that you write on a cloud
Of course, you will also pay for the price of it: something less than 200 euros for one of the most premium of the entire selection.
Topes de Gama’s recommendation: best ergonomic keyboards
So you’re looking for the most ergonomic keyboard on the market? Not an easy task, of course. But we make it easier for you, offering you our most sincere recommendation in this regard.
The one that bears the Topes de Gama seal in this selection, both for price and for ergonomics, is the Microsoft LXM. We believe that it is a complete wireless keyboard, with the most comfortable wrist rest and a design that will help you forget about wrist pain and will allow you to type for long hours without discomfort. The best!