Our prayers were answered and we finally met Chapter 1 of #DCStudios called “Gods and Monsters” that will make up 10 movies.
Let’s remember that on November 1, 2022, Peter Safran and James Gunn received their positions as co-chairmen and co-CEOs of DC Studios, overseeing film, television and animation projects. Gunn will be in charge of the creative aspects, and Safran will be the commercial part of DC Studios.
Who is James Gunn?
James Gunn is an American film director, screenwriter, and producer. Super (2010) Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), and the second film adaptation of the DC Comics comic The Suicide Squad (2021), are his most representative works.
Who is Peter Safran?
For his part, Peter Safran is a British-American film producer and director. He has participated in the saga of ‘The Conjuring’, Aquaman and Shazam!, with their respective sequels.
The objective for the Gunn-Safran duo is neither more nor less than to present competition to Disney’s Marvel universe, which in recent years has led the film market.
What were the ads?
James Gunn presented Chapter 1 of #DCStudios called “Gods and Monsters” that will make up 10 movies.
- Superman Legacy. This is what the new Superman movie will be called by #JamesGunn and DC Studios. Premiere on July 11, 2025 in theaters.
- The Batman II. Confirmed title for #TheBatman sequel. Premiere on October 3, 2025 in theaters
- The Authority. Based on the comic book series by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch “The Authority,” this film will incorporate characters from DC Studios’ Wildstorm imprint into the DCU.
- Brave and the Bold. It will be a movie that will introduce a new Batman (different from Robert Pattinson’s). It will introduce Damian Wayne.
- ‘Supergirl: Woman of tomorrow’. ‘It will show the difference between Superman, who was sent to Earth and raised by loving parents from a baby, and Supergirl who was raised on Krypton and watched everyone around her die and be murdered in horrific ways for the first 14 years. of their life’.
- ‘The Swamp Thing’. ‘These stories, although interconnected, do not have the same tone. Each group of filmmakers brings their own aesthetic to these films, and what’s fun is seeing how these tonally different works will merge in the future’, Gunn.
- ‘Joker Folie à Deux’, sequel to Joker. Its premiere is scheduled for October 4, 2024 and will once again feature Joaquin Phoenix. Lady Gaga will be Harley Quinn.
- ‘Creature Commandos’. Based on the comic property of the same name that brought vampires, werewolves, and zombies to the DC universe. Weasel and Rick Flag are confirmed to be in this TV series.
- ‘waller’. Viola Davis will reprise her role as Amanda Waller. This series will be “between” the first and second seasons of “Peacemaker.” Chrystal Henry (Watchmen) and Jeremy Carver (Doom Patrol) are writing “Waller.”
- ‘Paradise Lost’, TV series about the Amazons, exploring all their Greek mythology and it will happen before #wonderwoman. “It will be a ‘Game of Thrones’ style story about Themiscyra, Paradise Island, the home of the Amazons, and it is also the birthplace of Wonder Woman.”
- ‘Green Lantern’. “It is a great television event with the quality of HBO. It’s already in development, and our vision for it is very much in the vein of ‘True Detective,'” Gunn said.
- ‘Booster Gold’. “It’s about a loser from the future who uses basic future technology to come back to the present and pretend to be a superhero,” Gunn.