As you may know, the PS VR 2 will have the difficult task of replacing the first PS VR of the name and offering a new gateway to virtual reality for PS5 owners. Formalized in February 2021, the helmet has since been talked about a few times. It wasn’t until CES 2022 that we got a real taste of the capabilities of Sony’s next headset.
However, in mid-September 2022, the Japanese manufacturer held a new State of Play dedicated in part to upcoming PS VR2 games. And in the process, many journalists and specialized youtubers were able to try out the PS VR2 for a few hours. The opportunity for them to share their first impressions of the device. And as much to say it right away, the opinions are unanimous and the testers are enthusiastic about the idea of putting on the helmet again.
Sony unveils the 1st official PS VR2 trailer
And although Sony is still careful to reveal the official release date, currently set in 2023, the Japanese firm continues to communicate about its future baby. Indeed, Sony has just unveiled the very first official PS VR2 trailer. With this short trailer, the idea is above all to recall the main attractions of PS VR2, namely:
- 4K HDR support
- the integration of eye-tracking, a technology used to track the movements of the user’s eyes
- Foveated Rendering, which boosts graphic detail in the areas you’re looking at and blurs the rest (reducing CPU workload)
- a 110° field of vision for greater immersion
- finger touch detection on the new Sense controllers, which allows for more in-game touch interactions
- Tempest 3D audio support
- helmet haptic feedback to create 3D vibrations directly at the level of the helmet
- and of course, the integration of adaptive triggers and haptic feedback in the Sense controllers, always with the idea of reinforcing immersion
Don’t miss now only an official release date and a price to satisfy all users eager to get their hands on the PS VR2.