If you are thinking about a change of professional direction, changing companies or simply sitting down with your boss to discuss your conditions, perhaps it is time to put a salary increase on the table. Because the latest study on Pagegroup remuneration for 2024 has left two important news: the first is that the general trend will be to continue salary increases (on average this year 4.5%, somewhat higher than the 4.3% of another KPMG study and in any case, below inflation) and that There will be professions in 2024 where salary increases will be much higher than average to attract talent.
The study. Pagegroup’s remuneration studies are already a classic that are worth having on the radar due to their exhaustiveness and in this case, they refer to France, since in Spain it is not yet available. Thus, for the year to come, we have analyzed 850 professions from 26 sectors of activityalthough with special impact on four of them due to their dynamism: engineering and technicians, computer and digital market, accounting and financial professions and those related to social and environmental responsibility (CSR).
When you see your neighbor’s beards cut, soak yours. Although the salary reference is not useful for Spain (because in France they are higher), knowing which sectors are taking off in terms of salaries constitutes a good guideline for Spain in the medium term or, why not, for an eventual move.
Which professions will experience the biggest salary increases in 2024
- DevOps Engineering. High for this job related to processes, tools and methods to balance needs throughout the software development cycle, with an increase range of between 10 and 15% compared to 2023.
- Pentesting. Those people specialized in cybersecurity whose mission is to avoid and anticipate failures and intrusions in a computer system as much as possible will see their salary expectations grow from the beginning. Thus, the study details that at the beginning of your career you will be able to earn 13% compared to 2023 and if your experience is around three or five years, the increase range compared to this year will be 9 to 13%.
- Cloud engineering. In the cloud and up to the clouds: rise from among the 7 and 13% compared to 2023.
- General Accountinga salary increase of up to 10% is expected for professionals with between five and ten years of experience.
- Responsible for quality, health, safety and environment. For this profession, the study estimates a salary increase for 2024 of between 9% and 11% compared to 2023.
- Technical Operations Management. Being in management already anticipates a notable salary, but it is also on the rise: Pagegroup foresees an average rise of between 6% and 8%.
- Maintenance technical staff. One of the professions with the highest salary increase for next year does not require university training. An increase in your salary of between 4 and 8% compared to 2023 can be expected.
The other professions that are booming in terms of salary are those of Management control within the area of Accounting and finance and in the field of CSR, those of Sustainable development manager and CSR Consulting.
Via | Michael Page
Cover | Alex Kotliarskyi (Unsplash)
In Genbeta | This is how you can retrain professionally: the five most in-demand and best-paid digital jobs in Spain in 2023