If you use StandBy Mode often since updating your iPhone to iOS 17, then you won’t want to miss the new settings available in iOS 17.1. In addition, Apple has added other improvements and new features in this beta such as new ringtones, favorites in Apple Music, the double-tap gesture for the Apple Watch, among others. We tell you everything you need to know and how to install this beta.
What’s new in iOS 17.1
iOS 17.1 is packed with several additions that are sure to improve your everyday iPhone experience. Below we show you what some of the highlights have been:
- Ringtones and text tones: All the new ringtones and text tones that were introduced with iOS 17 have returned in the second beta version of iOS 17.1. So now we can customize the audio notifications of our iPhone according to our tastes and the sounds that we like the most.
- StandBy Configuration: iOS 17.1 introduces new StandBy settings that allow us users to configure the behavior of the iPhone screen. We can now set the screen to automatically turn off in dark rooms after a specific period (e.g. 20 seconds) or choose to never turn off. This is good for us if we leave the iPhone in StandBy Mode and do not remember that we had left the iPhone in horizontal format on a charging base, it will help prevent the iPhone from being active unnecessarily.
- Double tap for Apple Watch: Apple Watch Series 9 users will be happy to know that the addition of the double tap gesture to iOS 17.1. This feature, introduced in watchOS 10.1 (beta 2 and later), offers greater control over the behavior of the Apple Watch, improving the overall user experience.
- Favorites on Apple Music: Apple Music receives an update with iOS 17.1, which allows you mark as favorites songs, artists, albums and playlists instead of simply hitting the “like” button. This change makes it easier to integrate our favorites into the music library and helps improve recommendations in the app.
- Continue AirDrop transfers over the internet: One of the most anticipated features in iOS 17.1 is the ability to continue AirDrop transfers over the internet if we move away from the recipient before the transfer is complete.
How to download the public beta?
If you want to try iOS 17.1 and try out what’s new first-hand, there are two ways to do it:
To join the iOS 17.1 public beta program, follow these steps:
- Visit Apple’s Beta page and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Sign in to the Beta Software Program.
- Enroll your device.
- Open the application Settingsgo to General and select Software update.
- In the section Beta UpdatesChoose the iOS Public Beta.
Be patient; It may take a while for the beta option to appear in Software Update.