DxOMark has analyzed the camera of the Xiaomi 13 Ultra and beyond positioning itself in the top positions of its peculiar ranking, It has lagged behind other cheaper smartphones and even ahead of another Xiaomi mobile launched a few years ago.
After its analysis by DxOMark, the Xiaomi 13 Ultra has only managed to position itself in the 17th positiontied on points with the Vivo X90 Pro +, the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and the Google Pixel 7. It is not a bad position in itself, but it certainly has not been expected.
Ahead of the Xiaomi 13 Ultra we can find the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra in the 15th position. He iPhone 13 Pro is also placed in a better position, as is the Huawei P60Pro which to this day is still the best valued by DxOMark.
According to the laboratory, the Xiaomi 13 Ultra is one of the best smartphones in terms of photography, although It presents certain anomalies when making videos or taking photos in low light that make it position itself below so many other smartphones.
The best and worst of the Xiaomi 13 Ultra camera
The Xiaomi 13 Ultra has great advantages, as well as several negative points in its camera. If we summarize the DxOMark analysis, its strengths are:
- Excellent and consistent image quality at all focal lengths and zoom. Able to naturally represent details.
- Good performance in low light conditions, resulting in detailed photos with a good level of exposure.
- Sharp moving pictures, offering a good level of detail even in difficult situations.
Still, the Xiaomi 13 Ultra shows the following Negative points on your camera:
- Unnatural and inconsistent blur in portrait mode photos
- Instability in video recording, especially in night shots
- Anomalies in the resulting videos
- Unnatural skin tone rendering in backlit conditions
As we can see, the negative points are not so noticeable. Even so, by playing in the biggest league, this has made him position himself so low in the ranking. In the same way, all this could change, to a certain extent, through future updates.
All the analysis in:DxOMark