Saving battery (or spending as little as possible) is one of the most important purposes in a smartphone. Luckily, these batteries have more and more capacity, the processors are more efficient and the screens, which They are the component with the most consumption of a terminal, increasingly require less battery.
Thanks to the technologies AMOLED and LTPOpresent in many Xiaomi devices, the screens of our mobiles are able to turn off their pixels (not just lower its brightness to the minimum) and reduce the refresh rate to the minimum (up to only once per second) to reduce battery consumption to the maximum, but there is another thing we can do to save energy: change wallpaper.
Change your wallpaper to save battery
It will seem silly, but the wallpaper of our Xiaomi mobile is one of the largest sources of energy expenditure of the telephone. we are constantly turning the mobile on and off to check notifications, see the time, etc.
Therefore, it is important that, if we want to save battery, we have a wallpaper that consume as little as possibleand that’s where the color black and dark mode come into play. Activating the dark mode of MIUI 13 and looking for the right wallpaper, we can stretch the battery life a few more hours.
Although you can use any image you have made with your Xiaomi mobile, or any of those that come by default with MIUIHere are some pages that will help you:
- The Unsplash page has a specific category for dark wallpapers, which also you can download in high resolution. If you need more, you can also find it in the tags ‘HD OLED Wallpapers’ or ‘Vibrant Blackouts’
- WallpaperCave also has a wide selection under the name True Black OLED Wallpapers, where you will find Incredible (and very dark) images specially designed to use the screen as little as possible
- Pinterest is another well-known tool to find wallpapers, and you will see many with the description ‘Black wallpaper’
- Another option is Wallpaper Access, where there is a fantastic gallery called ‘Pure Black OLED’, here they come together from natural landscapes to artistic creations very ‘dark’
- Finally, Reddit is full of community uploaded images: There is a subreddit dedicated solely and exclusively to wallpapers with dark tones dedicated to saving battery. You will find them in r/amoledbackgrounds.
With so many options to change your wallpapers, and making sure to activate the dark mode, it is more than likely that notice the difference in your Xiaomi mobile. According to studies, changing these parameters can increase battery life by up to 47%.