We are leaving our portfolio more and more aside. After the massive implementation of credit cards on our mobiles through the Google ‘Wallet’ app, the next changes of the technological giant go through ID or driver’s license.
Thanks to Google Services, the union between the operating system of your Xiaomi mobile and Google itself is unbreakable, and its integration and updates greatly enhance daily life: from the use of your applications such as Gmail and Maps to improvements in performance or privacy.
Changes coming this December
While in Spain we are still waiting for an application with which we can carry our DNIe on the mobile in the same way that we can carry the driving license in the My DGT app, Google is already paving the way for us.
Inside of list of changes to Google Services that the company has shared for this December, we can find the following:
- Beta feature through which some states in the United States can scan your driver’s license in Google Wallet
- Updated Google Cast options
- Reduced the time it takes for the ‘Share with Nearby’ function to search for contacts
- Informs the user when ‘Send to a tablet’ requires user interaction
- Services fixes account management, security and update
- New developer features for include location and context services in your apps
- Updates to the service management system for improve performance and stability Of the device
As you can see, the first of the changes has focused on being able to have a driver’s license in the Wallet application itself. If this function arrives in Spain, it would allow show it to the authorities without the need to have the My DGT app installed, and it would also open the door to carry, also in the Wallet app, our DNIe.
Being able to access these documents officially through our Xiaomi mobile isit would be much more comfortable and would save us more than one upset when we have left our wallet at home.
As we have said, all these functions They have started to be implemented from todayDecember 1, but we hope to receive the Wallet changes in a few months, while Spain finishes preparing an own application for the DNIe.