There are several ways to test what’s new in your applications ahead of time. Installing an experimental APK, through the groups that various developers maintain for their users and from the Google Play Store itself. The official Android store provides an easy way to access trial software: both from the web and in the mobile app itself. What do you want to try what is to come? It is often a matter of luck.
Beta Maniac, the app that will help you have Coolwalk
As we said, the new Android Auto interface is only available to those who are in the private beta of the application. Google recently opened said beta, but it didn’t take long for it to fill up. Holes appear intermittently: you have to check frequently if there is space for the beta.
Don’t you want to check every so often if the Android Auto beta is free? There is an application that checks it for you, automatically and with notifications when it detects a gap: Beta Maniac. It works perfectly for what we are looking for, accessing the development version of Android Auto.
That Coolwalk is only in the Android Auto beta implies that the Google account you use to access the system from the car must be aimed at the experimental phase. That is, it is not enough for you to install the APK of the Android Auto beta, you need to have enrolled in said beta. That’s where Beta Maniac comes into action.
To launch the application you need to perform the following steps:
- Install the Beta Maniac app on your phone.
- Open the app and sign in with your Google account. Beta Maniac needs this information to know if you already subscribed to a beta, it also allows you to enter any experimental application with a touch.
- Beta Maniac will analyze the list of applications you have installed and check if they have an open beta on Google Play.
- Search for Android Auto and check its availability. If you are lucky that there are gaps you can sign up directly with the blue button “become a tester“.
- If it is not available, click on the cogwheel on the main screen, at the top right. Hold selected “Self check” so that Beta Maniac is in charge of contacting the Google Play servers in search of a slot for Android Auto. Choose if you only want it to connect via WiFi and the time interval between checks.
- To only notify you of Android Auto, go to the “closed betas” and click on the bell icon in those apps that you do not want. Leave only Android Auto notifications active.
Beta Maniac will check availability according to the time you have set for it. And, if it finds a free site, it will notify you so you can sign up. In this way, you not only avoid manual checks, but also it is much more likely that you will enter the beta: the application can locate the hole shortly after it has been opened.
Beta Maniac is a free app that contains some ads. You can remove the advertising with a purchase within the application of 2.39 euros.