Whether through songs, online radio or another, it is how millions of us daily listen to a wide range online.
But what type of audio do we hear the most? How often and on what device? If you are curious to know the answers, then we give them to you.
How do we consume digital audio content in Mexico?
The practicality, kindness and information that characterize this type of content makes it one of our favorites. This is why we will give you a series of data on how we consume it.
According to a study carried out by IAB Mexico, these are the findings around this format and how we interact with it.
- Music, podcast and live radio shows are the three most popular listening content formats, with 92, 43 and 32 percent, respectively.
- More than 90% consume them through their cell phones, while another 39% do so through laptops.
- From 2 to 3 themes are the ones that a user usually consumes, being lifestyle, comedy, technology and society some of the most listened to.
- Audio quality is one factor that can determine whether or not a person listens to a podcast or streaming music.
- The share of unique users this year positions Spotify as the most listened to audio streaming platform (57%). YouTube and Deezer follow with 18 and 4 percent, respectively.
- The average interaction time in digital audio mobile applications is 11 minutes per day.
Given the penetration of audio content on the Internet, brands do not hesitate to advertise there.
In this sense, food and beverage companies, as well as telecommunications and technology companies, are the ones that are most promoted on these online platforms.
At the beginning of 2022, The CIU published some interesting data on streaming music consumption in Mexico.
One of them was the frequency with which they enter a mobile application per week, which is approximately 5.5 times every seven days.
Another fact is that 90% of digital music listeners access it through their smartphones; while only 4% do it through a tablet.
Spotify once again leads the streaming music market with 85%, followed by YouTube Music (3.1%) and Apple Music (3%).