The launch of tvOS 17 does not generate the same hype as other updates such as iOS 17 or iPadOS 17. However, we cannot say that this operating system includes improvements that enhance the way we interact with our Apple TV. Therefore, one of the star functions of tvOS 17 is the possibility of being able to find your Siri Remote thanks to the synchronization of your iPhone and your Apple. Keep reading and we’ll tell you everything.
This functionality comes from afar
Before the launch of the latest Apple TV 4K, there were rumors that Apple would incorporate Find My Siri Remote functionality into the Siri Remote itself. Unfortunately, this did not come standard in the new Apple TV accessories or the new Siri Remote because Apple was working on the possibility of adding this option through a software and in tvOS 17 it has become a reality. Thanks to this update, the Apple TV Remote control available in the Control Center of an iPhone can be used to locate the remote control.
When this option is enabled, users will see an interface very similar to the one we have in the Find My App, which guides them to the remote control with a circle on screen that changes size to guide the user’s movement until it finds our Siri Remote.
The process to activate your Siri Remote account Next steps:
- From the Control Center on your iPhone, swipe down to access the control center. If you do not have this option in this window, you have to go to settings/control center and add it directly.
- Tap the Apple TV Remote button.
- Select your Siri Remote and select it.
- Below, you can see where the Siri Remote is located from your iPhone. In case you lose it, when your iPhone is right next to the remote control, the screen changes color to a solid white tone.
The experience you have when trying this action, I It is very reminiscent of AirTags with the Find My application, so it’s really useful for locating your Siri Remote, even if it’s just under the cushions like it usually happens in my house or if you pick it up with your hand and take it anywhere in the house. What are we going to do if I’m that messy?
tvOS 17, compatible devices and how to update
Next, let’s see how you can install tvOS 17 on your Apple. This process is extremely simple and consists of four steps that we are going to describe below:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple TV
- Go to Systems
- Next, access software updates.
- Click on download tvOS 17.
Finally, let’s talk about the iOS 17 compatible devices, an update that leaves out the original Apple TV, but the rest of the operating systems are compatible. Below, we highlight the Apple TVs that are compatible with tvOS 17.
- Apple TV 4K: 1st generation (2017)
- Apple TV 4K: 2nd generation (2021)
- Apple TV 4K: 3rd generation (2022)
- Apple TV HD: 2nd generation (2021)
- Apple TV HD: 1st generation (2015)