Vodafone continues to innovate and has now integrated into its system a new way to facilitate troubleshooting to its fiber and TV customers. Basically, the red operator has started using the technology of augmented reality to help install new equipment (routers and decos) in the homes of users who have suffered some type of problem with the operator’s devices.
Operators continue to bet on new methods to offer more ways of helping their customers. In this case, Vodafone wanted to use augmented reality to give its fiber optic customers and Vodafone TV the possibility of achieving install the new equipment yourself that they receive in case of having suffered a breakdown. In this way, the help of a technician will not be necessary, since this option speeds up the entire process.
New help in troubleshooting
Vodafone wants to speed up and facilitate the troubleshooting process. This management right now will be faster for the fiber and TV users who have suffered some type of problem in their routers or decos and have had to receive a new device in their homes.
Basically, this new option of the red operator’s augmented reality consists of helping in installation of this equipment in the homes of affected customers. In this way, the help of a technician is no longer necessary, you just have to use a smartphone and your camera, it’s that simple. This tool will be in charge of verifying through the mobile camera that the cables are well connected and that the equipment witnesses are correct.
This new service is initially available for router failure installation with HFC technology and for the Vodafone TV 4K decoder with FTTH and HFC technology. However, the red operator makes it clear that it will gradually expand to equipment that supports the rest of the alternatives that it currently offers in its catalogue. So it is a solution that can become one of the most used by its users.
How is it used?
But,how can you use augmented reality? Very easy, you just have to follow this series of steps that Vodafone explains:
- First, you need the My Vodafone app.
- Access the tab in which you have followed the entry of the operator’s new router or deco.
- Tap on the button activate device.
- Allows the app to use the smartphone’s camera and take a picture of the router or deco sticker.
- Then, take another photo of the connections of the equipment that you are going to install (back).
- At each step, the app it will tell you the wires to connect to the equipment, either the decoder or the router. In addition, the application helps you to identify the cables that have to be installed.
- Once you follow the steps that the app gives you, the process will end by scanning the light indicators of the device with the mobile camera. And if all is well, you can finish installation.