File loss is a scenario feared by all, although sometimes unavoidable. On Windows 11 operating system, permanently deleting files can lead to really stressful situations. However, there are several ways to restore permanently deleted files.
The possibility of losing important data due to accidental deletion can cause great stress and anxiety. On the Windows 11 operating system, permanently deleting files used to be a final sentence, but now there are methods and tools that offer hope for recovering the seemingly unrecoverable.
Fortunately, users have at their disposal various tools to rrecover documents, photos, videos in Windows 11 and other valuable information that was accidentally deleted.
Caution and understanding the limitations of each method are essential to maximize the chances of success in restoring permanently deleted files in Windows 11.
Today you will be able to explore ways to restore deleted files in Windows 11, addressing ways for this whole situation to be resolved satisfactorily.
Ways to restore deleted files in Windows 11:
Recover files deleted with CMD
The first option for recover deleted files in windows 11 is to use the Command Prompt.
You must be clear about the steps to follow, since they are relevant. The process works on the following two submethods:
Install Windows File Recovery Tool
- Open the app store Microsoft Store from the Start menu.
- In the Search apps field, type Windows File Recovery and press Enter.
- Click on the corresponding application card, and then on Obtain.
- Launch the software by clicking the button Open after the installation is complete.
Windows File Recovery Tool Command
This tool requires a specific command to get it to work correctly. To restore permanently deleted files in Windows 11, the code should be as follows:
winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches]
- winfres: is the command to call the Windows file recovery program.
- source-drive: is the letter of the drive where the deleted files are located.
- destination-drive: The letter of the drive where you want to save the files to be recovered.
- /mode: is recovery mode. It can be Regular mode for recovering deleted files or Extensive mode for recovering deleted files that have been overwritten.
- /switches: additional options that you can use to specify the files that you want to recover. /n: specify the file name or file extension you want to recover. /r: is the range of retrieval dates, in MM-DD-YYYY format. /x: excludes the specified files from the recovery process.
To give you an example. If you deleted a JPG file from drive D on your Windows 11 computer and want to restore it to drive E, then you need to type the following format:
winfr D: E: /regular /n jpg
This will cause the file to be recovered and saved to drive E in a folder named recovery and then the recovery date.
Restore deleted files with file history
file history is a tool built into Windows that is dedicated to data backup and restoration.
You will be able to use it to restore deleted files in Windows as long as they are permanently deleted using File History. If you did not activate the function, unfortunately, this system will not work.
If you enabled the feature, you can follow these steps to restore permanently deleted files:
- Click the Start menu flag to open Start and type file history and click Restore files with File History.
- The File History tab will open on your computer screen. It should show the date and files backed up in the box.
- If the file you were looking for is not in the current tab, click the button Earlier version (left arrow) to go back one step.
- This way, you can search through previous copies and have a better chance of finding the file you need.
- Once you locate the file, click on it once and hit the green button Restore at the bottom of the File History app.
- File History will try to recover the deleted file and put it back in its original location.
Recover files with a third-party app
The last method that you are going to see today to recover deleted files in Windows is to use a third-party application called Reno Data Recovery.
It is a program that comes with advanced features like hard drive data recovery, photo recovery, file recovery, Windows recovery, etc. You just have to perform the following steps:
- Download and install Reno Data Recovery from its official website.
- After that open the app. On the home screen click hard drive in which you want to search for the deleted file.
- Now is the time to click on Scan.
- After completing the process, it will finish scanning.
- On the drive directory screen, click the folder Deleted files.
- You should see file history. Navigate through this folder until you locate the deleted file or files.
- When you see the file, select it and click Recover.
- On the next screen, the tool will ask you to activate it with a software activation keysince it is paid. To recover the file you will have no choice but to click on Buy and choose the plan that best suits you.
- Once the app has been activated, it should restore the deleted file to its original location in a few seconds.
The capacity of restore deleted files in windows 11 represents a significant advance in data protection and recovery. However, it is essential to remember that no solution is foolproof, and prevention is still the best strategy.
Keeping regular backups on external devices or cloud services can act as a lifesaver in case of data loss. Anyway, As of today you already have more information on how to recover deleted files in Windowssomething that can be of great help.