Technologies are advancing at an unprecedented rate, every day there are more interactions that we can have with our devices to somehow facilitate each task we perform. Precisely Today we’ll be talking a bit about what Bixby is and how it works.
The multiple options offered by Bixby go far beyond basic commands to perform some simple tasks on your smartphone, but rather have managed to integrate like no other virtual assistant with a variety of electronic devices and household appliances, this being one of its main attractions.
What is Bixby?
If you are the owner of any Samsung-branded smartphone or tablet, then you are surely familiar with this term. Bixby is nothing more than the name of the virtual voice assistant for Samsung devices. It should be noted that this is not only limited to mobile phones and tablets, although the use in these is more popular, it is also compatible with smart TVs, refrigerators, headphones and smartwatchs.
bixby It was born with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 plus models, in 2017. And since then, the technology company has made a special effort to fully develop the potential of this virtual assistant as a facilitator of the most dissimilar tasks and interactions with our daily-use technological devices.
Currently, it is available in just over 200 countries, yes, the languages with which it is compatible are quite limited, these being:
This is pretty small stuff. taking into account the internationalization of Samsung technological devices; and of course a point against the virtual voice assistance service.
How does Bixby work and what can you do with it?
This virtual assistant has endless possible applications in daily lifeof course, will vary considerably depending on the device on which you use it.
Some general characteristics of its operation are:
- The algorithm of operation of this virtual assistant Allows you to customize your searches according to a compilation of your interests and preferences.
- Through specific voice commands Bixby will be able to start a search for something specific on the smartphone or even make purchases through the accounts you have linked.
- It will only be necessary to configure them, so that with just a simple word carry out a series of specific actions.
- As you interact with Bixby, it will adapt to common conversations and contextualizing them more and more.
- Depending on the most common service providers for you, this wizard will make a selection of those that more convenient results from detailed analysis.
- If you have no idea what voice commands to use, don’t worry as Bixby will offer you the best combinations for smoother interaction.
The functions that you will be able to perform with this virtual assistant are really infinite, and it is that at the starting point you can customize every aspect of the virtual assistant, from his voice to the way you communicate with him.
You can send text messages, make phone calls, find out about weather conditions for today or set alarms on your smartphone. This is just to mention the most basic.
Since in the same way in which it performs these simple operations, can successfully accomplish others like sending emails, opening apps with split screen or remind you of the exact place where you parked your car. Even access one of your social networks and publish a post or photograph.
How to access Bixby?
The ways through which you can access Bixby Voice, one of the components of the analyzed virtual assistant, might be unknown to you. This will depend on the device you have.
For devices: Galaxy S10, S10 plus, S10e, S9, S9 plus, Note 9, S8, S8 plus and Note 8, You just have to press the Bixby button, which will be on the left side of your smartphone, just below the volume adjustment buttons.
For devices: Galaxy Note 20, Note 10 or Galaxy S20 and S21, then you must press and hold the Power off button for a moment, and in this simple way you will be able to access Bixby Voice.
What are the most used commands to use Bixby?
On your Samsung smartphone:
- You can link your mobile to other items of the home that will even allow you to “turn on air conditioning” just by saying these words after pressing the Bixby button.
- You can say a simple preconfigured word like “Home” for example, and it will will activate the WiFi network, the music on your audio devices among other. All at the same time.
- can you tell him “Hey Bixby, set an alarm for today at 9pm” and in that simple way it will be configured.
We clarify that these are only a small representation of everything that the virtual assistant can do for you, now it’s your turn to explore and carry out voice commands more complicated.
Indeed, it is also available for these devices, although its use is not yet so widespread as in the case of smartphones.
First you can access it by just saying “Hello Bixby” with the smartwatch screen on. You will also be able to hold down the home button.
The most used commands are:
- Can you turn on the flashlight?
- What percentage of battery do I have?
- Send a text to “X” and tell him it’s here.
- Call mom.
- If you can’t find your phone, use the Find My Phone command, which will cause your phone to play a certain sound.
One of the most practical uses is through these devices, since if they are turned on, you can communicate with Bixby without having to use your smartphone or smartwatch.
To activate it, just say the classic command “Hello Bixby” or press and hold the touch panel of the same.
Use these commands (just to name a few examples)
- What percentage of battery do my headphones have?
- Turn up the music volume.
- Activate noise cancellation.
- Turn on ambient sound.
We hope this article has been helpful to understand a little about how Bixby works, as well as some of the simpler commands depending on the device on which you use it. If you have a compatible Samsung technological device, we urge you to explore the infinite options that can be provided with this virtual assistant.
We think this article might be interesting for you:
The 5 best alternatives to TodoTorrents