If you have a business and want more customers to be able to locate your company, with this Google tool you will gain visibility and you will be able to maintain a Constant comunication and transparent with your customers and potential customers. Read on to learn how to get the most out of your Google Business Profile.
What is it and what are its benefits?
The Company Profile is a free tool from Google that allows us to manage the way our company will be shown to customers when they search on Google and on Google Maps. It is a powerful tool for all businesses, but especially for those looking to work on local positioning to attract more customers in their area. With a profile of this type, it is possible to communicate news to customers, connect with the target audience of our business, advertise our services and products, and even accept online orders.
This Google tool allows you to create a brand positioning powerful, manage online reputation and be in direct communication with users.
The Google Business Profile allows you to register the location of a business so that it appears on Google Maps. In addition, it includes many more features:
- Allows you to indicate the schedule of our company.
- Add our address Web page.
- Add the zones of service.
- Add Photographs own and also from customers.
- Make publications informing about the news of the business.
- advertise events.
- Post news.
On the other hand, one of its most interesting features is that it allows users to add photos to the company listing and leave reviews with comments and a score from 1 to 5. Taking into account the importance of social proof in the context of marketing, that is, the importance that people give to the evidence or evaluations that other people leave when using a service or purchasing a product from When making our purchase or consumption decisions, this tool is especially interesting for promoting a business, company or organization.
In addition, the greatest benefit of this tool is obtained by taking into account that it allows us to obtain local search visibility or with associated location. In this way, if a potential consumer performs a search to find a specific product or service in their area, if our company is registered in the Google Company Profile tool, it will be much easier for them to find us when carrying out this type of search. .
Also, the more optimized Our profile is found and the more information we provide, the more chances we will have that potential clients can find us, and we will provide confidence with our transparency in this online profile.
In this way, the main benefits of having a Company Profile in Google are the following:
- This tool allows us interact with customers. We can reply to your reviews, post photos and updates. In Google data, businesses that add photos to their profiles receive 42% more requests. In this way, we can be in constant communication with our clients, contributing trust and credibility.
- Helps us manage data and information of our business. When a client or potential client does a Google search and we appear among the results, they will be able to see information such as our website, our postal address or our hours.
- It allows us to get to know our customers better. With this instrument we will also be able to find out such important statistics as the way in which our clients search for our company, where they come from and the way in which they contact us (by phone, email, live…). In this way, the Google Company Profile allows design smart campaigns and optimize the online presence of a business in a simple way.
How to create and optimize a Business Profile on Google
Below we review the procedure to follow to create and optimize a Company Profile on Google that helps us gain visibility and trust among our customers.
Creating a Business Profile on Google step by step
To create a Company Profile in Google from our computer we must follow the following steps:
- First of all we must log in from our Google account. It is advisable to use a company account, so if we do not have it, the first step will be its creation. For this, it is important to register with the company’s email domain.
- According to place we must go to the page “create profile” what will we find here.
- Next we must write the name of our company. In some cases we will be able to choose our company from the list of proposals that will appear when typing the first characters. Here it can happen that we receive a notification explaining that someone else has already verified the company. To solve this we will have to request the property of the Company Profile in this link.
- Next we must find the company category to which our business belongs and click on “next”.
- Here we must choose if we have a physical location to geolocate our business. If in our physical company we have customer service staff and opening hours, we will have to click “yes”. Next we will have to include the address of the company or place a marker on the map that indicates where the company is located. If we do not have a physical company with opening hours or customer service, in this step we must choose “no”.
- Then we must indicate the service zone of our company. To do this, we can choose between different areas, postal codes or cities. In the Google Company Profile we can add up to 20 different service areas.
It is advisable not to indicate service areas that are located more than two hours by car from the company’s central location.
- The next step will be to enter the URL of our web space and the contact telephone number of the company.
- Next we must choose an option check. If we want to verify our business automatically, we must look for the red banner that will appear at the top and click on “verify now”.
If we want to verify it later we will have to click on “verify later”.
How to optimize the Company Profile in Google
Once we have verified the profile of our business in Google, it is important to optimize it in order to attract more customers and provide confidence in our business. For this, it is important to take into account the following points:
- Constantly updated: It is essential to keep the information of our company updated: location, hours, news, updates. It is essential to guarantee a constant flow of information so that users can keep up to date with all the news of the company. If company information changes, we may update the Company Profile. In addition, to optimize these updates there is the possibility of add owners and managers so they can also add company news and updates.
- Improve local positioning: After some time using this tool, it is possible that we realize that our company is not appearing in the most important searches for our sector or area. In these cases we must verify the data complete (physical address, telephone number, category, locations and attributes), keep schedules updated, manage and respond to reviews, add photos and products or services.
- Advertising and metrics: To take our profile to another level, we can also expand our presence with online ads and use the statistics to monitor its performance and be able to implement improvements.
- Comply with Google guidelines: Finally, we must make sure that the profile we have created appears on Google Maps, in search and in other Google tools. If it does not appear, it is possible that our company is not verified correctly, that we have to update our information to position better or that our company has violated any of Google’s guidelines. In this case we can contact contact support to help us update the information, solve problems and be able to publish it again.